Crossbows in 2013

bkln

i wonder how they do it in ohio or pa where they allow crossbows.surprised people still kill deer there with all the crossbow hunters messing it up for the compound bow guys.

and NJ as well. I believe it is up to like 15-20 states that allow it in archery.

Hahaha....OK you guys have been busy...Belo ...you mentioned debate...well I believe you may have missed a few lessons on debating in school...just saying...lol

Touchy Feely(sp?) anyways Holy Cow you missed that by a mile...believe me...lol

I'll be the first to say...not too keen on them in bow season...yet bought one and have been hunting with it these past few days..

.Ohh by the way I started out hunting with a Kodiak recurve 45# bow and took my first bow buck with it....So you may want to...tuck that little thing away and zip up...I don't appreciate such suggestions...if you were face to face you might find it caught in your zipper...clean up your act please...

Now back to cross bows...I have various reasons for my views on them in bow...the guys here all know...but having hunted with one...and a good one by the way.... those feelings won't change...the reason being...What a PITA...that's right...heavy...bulky...I'm personally not use to sights....loud..even the safety and I really do not like the way you have to uncock them...DEC needs to have the regulations on getting certified to hunt with one changed IMO

All that said still want them legal for gun and small game...but See I did my giving of opinion....then put my $$$ and time where my mouth is and tried them out to see the other side...which amazingly helps...if you enter a "debate"

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

my days of argueing over crossbows on this site are over. i have offended some good people on this site and to me its just not worth it. i have my ideas and other people have their ideas and i will discuss them in a civilized manor from this point foward with these folks who i found out arent really bad people afterall, they just think alittle differently than i do.

however i will make one exception and this will be for this pretentious, obnoxious, self centered helium head Bolo. what a fool this guy has to be.

his excuse is ohhh its on the internet and i dont care, and will I say what i want, yea thats because there no one standing infront of him, typical key-board commando kid who more than likely sits at home playing video games 14 hours a day when hes not insulting folks on a public forum.

Edited by sits in trees

my days of argueing over crossbows on this site are over. i have offended some good people on this site and to me its just not worth it. i have my ideas and other people have their ideas and i will discuss them in a civilized manor from this point foward with these folks who i found out arent really bad people afterall, they just think alittle differently than i do.

however i will make one exception and this will be for this pretentious, obnoxious, self centered helium head Bolo. what a fool this guy has to be.

his excuse is ohhh its on the internet and i dont care, and will I say what i want, yea thats because there no one standing infront of him, typical key-board commando kid who more than likely sits at home playing video games 14 hours a day when hes not insulting folks on a public forum.

So your days of "argueing" (I believe you were going for arguing) are over but you'll make an exception for me? There's now at least 6 of you on this board who are offended by me for my "tude" but then hypocritically turn around and personally attack me (against forum rules); which again to this day I have not personally attacked a single one of you.

I've already stated that I have a good career and a family of my own, but if you believe I sit in my parents basement playing videogames that's fine, I'm not here to try and impress. I'm done with this particular thread and yes, I do kill some time on the web having exaggerated debates. It's fun, sounds like most of you haven't visited many other forums. Am I trolling a little? Maybe... but you keep feeding me.

Please be aware that if you'd like to sit down at a bar and discuss crossbows over a beer I'd be glad to. I will once again stick to my beliefs on crossbows and if you can stick to yours without personally assaulting me like you have done "over your keyboards" than I bet we could get 4 or 5 down and agree to disagree without an issue. Shoot maybe we'd end up going fishing or duck hunting someday.

Edited by Belo

"I have attacked nobody personally," riiigghhttttt

You started with "Use a real bow" and cursing then went into this

sorry if i dont want all the pumpkin 870 toting cigarette smoking yee-haws i see during gun season messing up my bow season. You can call it an elitest attitude all you want, but because bow hunting is difficult the numbers are much smaller than gun and those that do bowhunt are generally truly dedicated. Listen, your gun season is 4 weeks long followed by a week of muzzleloader. there is no reason to throw in a piece of equipment that autococks with a scope into the bow season. and all you recurve/longbow fools can suck a fat one too. You know your argument is pitiful as a compound still takes many hours and years to truly master. Hunt all you want over your bait pile out of your redneck blind with your buckcommander crossbow during the regular season. Then please post pictures of your doe on here proclaiming to all you dont care and that you're a meat hunter.

/rant

and lets not forget the chest pounding in the Button buck thread (and this one too), by that way congrats on the two immature bucks you killed this year under the excuse of limited hunting time, makes perfect sense to claim to hold out and then kill the first couple that stumble by. You are full of it

• Like 1

those were not personal attacks. It's obvious you have issues with my standards, but spending 9 sits in the stand all season and seeing deer everytime and shooting a 150lb 5 point with a bow and 130lb nice 6 with a gun is not the same thing as blasting button bucks. Yes i have a 3 month old and didn't hunt to my usual standards. i've already admitted this.

and all you recurve/longbow fools can suck a fat one too. You know your argument is pitiful as a compound still takes many hours and years to truly master.

If you are such a big shot switch to a recurve or longbow. But if it took you years to truly master a compound you would most likely never be good enough to hunt with a recurve or longbow. I made the switch to hunting with a recurve 2 years ago after 20 years with a compound. I tell you it is much much harder, but I don't think everyone else hunting with something more modern should have to hunt only during gun season just because I choose to challenge myself.

those were not personal attacks. It's obvious you have issues with my standards, but spending 9 sits in the stand all season and seeing deer everytime and shooting a 150lb 5 point with a bow and 130lb nice 6 with a gun is not the same thing as blasting button bucks. Yes i have a 3 month old and didn't hunt to my usual standards. i've already admitted this.

You insult damn near every hunter with a broad brush and claim its not a personal insult and cry when the heat comes back on you, yea makes sense. And I don't care what you shoot, ever, I was just pointing out that like your avatar, you are talking out of both side's of your mouth.

• Like 1

belo reminds me of one of those kids at school that picks on every one and starts stupid arguments with every one for attention.Then when another kids backhands him he runs home to mommy and blames that other kid.He will swear up and down he didn't start it,and wan't the other kid in trouble.

Funny how you took your picture off your avatar and one of the clubs/orgs you belong to from the bottom of you signiture.

I find it amusing to say the least.Lets call people out then cry cause they are ganging up on my.

Not good go on a friendly site and start bashing people trying to turn everything into a "debate" when it literally is just a discussion.

I doubt sits in trees would want to sit next to you for long in a bar while you had to "debate" with him over everything and start to get under his skin.

You just proved my point. A broad brush, by definition is not a personal attack. For it to be personal I'd need to call you out by name like 5 or 6 have done to me. And if i insulted every member that means you're all fat smokers stomping around the woods in orange jump suits during gun season. I've got the impression that this board does indeed have a few of those, but have seen plenty of members with great knowledge and hunting ability much greater than mine and that's why I joined. Again, I came to learn, discuss and debate. Debating generally will have disagreements and even more so, on the internet we lead to name calling and insulting and it appears this crowd is a lot more sensitive then the car forums i belong too.

is what it is. I'm done with this thread and deer season is done for me so I'll see some of you in turkey/duck/coyote threads.

ya dude.this isn't a car forum with a vast majority of the users between 16 and 23 using all the internet lingo.It's not the same crowd.I belong to car forums too dude.I don't disrespect and call everyone out on them on there either.Funny how i get respect for it.Even when you get some newbie kid that asks stupid questions that have been found with a one typed google search.You are probably one of those cats that insult him and tell to google it NOOB.I will try to help the kid out.Since once yes i was a noob too.

belo reminds me of one of those kids at school that picks on every one and starts stupid arguments with every one for attention.Then when another kids backhands him he runs home to mommy and blames that other kid.He will swear up and down he didn't start it,and wan't the other kid in trouble.

Funny how you took your picture off your avatar and one of the clubs/orgs you belong to from the bottom of you signiture.

I find it amusing to say the least.Lets call people out then cry cause they are ganging up on my.

Not good go on a friendly site and start bashing people trying to turn everything into a "debate" when it literally is just a discussion.

I doubt sits in trees would want to sit next to you for long in a bar while you had to "debate" with him over everything and start to get under his skin.

ugh... again personal attacks. I never stated I didn't start it. Man you guys keep throwing out points with no quotes or facts to prove it. I merely stated you're all hypocrites resorting to taking the bait and coming back with insults greater than those I made to no individual in particular.

I have a 100 something posts, and I'm an instigator because of 2 threads? I receive no credit for the healthy posts?

You don't know anything about me as a person and the reason I removed my pictures and some of my affiliations is that I realize this is a public forum and that I have pissed some people off and I'd rather keep my identity private because who I am is nothing like the image some of you have conjured up. However, I did extend an offer to the board to sit down for beers.

for what it's worth while they may not support my way of going about it, my stance on crossbows is shared by many http://www.newyorkbo...s.com/xbow.html

ya dude.this isn't a car forum with a vast majority of the users between 16 and 23 using all the internet lingo.It's not the same crowd.I belong to car forums too dude.I don't disrespect and call everyone out on them on there either.Funny how i get respect for it.Even when you get some newbie kid that asks stupid questions that have been found with a one typed google search.You are probably one of those cats that insult him and tell to f***ing google it NOOB.I will try to help the kid out.Since once yes i was a noob too.

ha. you'll run with this, but the car I own isn't owned by 16-24 year olds :gamer: ya gotta stop feeding me man.

Edited by Belo

Debating generally will have disagreements and even more so, on the internet we lead to name calling and insulting and it appears this crowd is a lot more sensitive then the car forums i belong too.

Not quiet yet Belo....now I could...won't..... paste all the definitions of debating here for you...non of them mention name calling...insults nor derogatory comments as being proper form on a debate. Please don't insult ours or yours intelligence by trying to defend such actions as internet proper... that bird doesn't fly

sorry if i dont want all the pumpkin 870 toting cigarette smoking yee-haws i see during gun season messing up my bow season. You can call it an elitest attitude all you want, but because bow hunting is difficult the numbers are much smaller than gun and those that do bowhunt are generally truly dedicated. Listen, your gun season is 4 weeks long followed by a week of muzzleloader. there is no reason to throw in a piece of equipment that autococks with a scope into the bow season. and all you recurve/longbow fools can suck a fat one too. You know your argument is pitiful as a compound still takes many hours and years to truly master. Hunt all you want over your bait pile out of your redneck blind with your buckcommander crossbow during the regular season. Then please post pictures of your doe on here proclaiming to all you dont care and that you're a meat hunter.

/rant

Hold on just a second there BUB. I am a HUNTER first and foremost. I hunt with a bow as well as gun, and during gun, I somewhat handicap myself by using a muzzle loader, so you can take all of your derogatory nonsense and shove it.

You are a member of the most notoriously elitist hunting organization on the planet, according to your signature. NYB has driven more wedges between members of the hunting community than any other ever has in NY. Dont want to be considered elitist, then maybe you should reconsider who you associate yourself with.

You say you arent here to try and impress anyone? BS. Almost everything you have posted has included comments about how good you are, and how much you think your crap doesnt stink. You honestly seem to be the worst kind of hunter there is, and fit right in with the stereotypical NYB member.

You say you arent here to try and impress anyone? BS. Almost everything you have posted has included comments about how good you are, and how much you think your crap doesnt stink. You honestly seem to be the worst kind of hunter there is, and fit right in with the stereotypical NYB member.

please quote me. i wont respond, but prove your point by quoting my posts where i boasted of my HUNTING excellence.

and grow, never said it was proper just that it's more common. I'm done. this has been carried out long enough. nocker i in fact spend a lot of time in maintenance sections helping the n00bs. I enjoy it. You can even find here where i have lend advice more than i have "attacked".

guys lets call it a day i have meetings to go to. It's been fun.

Edited by Belo

ugh... again personal attacks. I never stated I didn't start it. Man you guys keep throwing out points with no quotes or facts to prove it. I merely stated you're all hypocrites resorting to taking the bait and coming back with insults greater than those I made to no individual in particular.

I have a 100 something posts, and I'm an instigator because of 2 threads? I receive no credit for the healthy posts?

You don't know anything about me as a person and the reason I removed my pictures and some of my affiliations is that I realize this is a public forum and that I have pissed some people off and I'd rather keep my identity private because who I am is nothing like the image some of you have conjured up. However, I did extend an offer to the board to sit down for beers.

for what it's worth while they may not support my way of going about it, my stance on crossbows is shared by many http://www.newyorkbo...s.com/xbow.html

ha. you'll run with this, but the car I own isn't owned by 16-24 year olds :gamer: ya gotta stop feeding me man.

ClownCar.jpg

• Like 1

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You accuse others of providing opinions instead of facts, and then you throw NYB propoganda BS out there as a "fact". Hilarious!

Boy, that comparison chart is so full of it. Why didn't it list "ability for a quick follow-up shot"? You know damned well that someone with a compound bow can fire a second shot WAY quicker than someone with a crossbow, but of course they forget to mention this just to make that crossbow look more dasterdly! If you don't think there isn't an advantage to have a quick follow-up shot, you haven't been hunting too long.

• Like 1

Belo - Going back to the original post.

"Real men use bows."

Well, real men shoot 80-100lb draw weight and shoot elk and deer out to 100yards. It's not just on youtube. I know someone who went to PSE and had them make a custom 100lb bow for them. So I guess that makes you a loser.