Project Mini Man Cave Office

burmjohn

I thought I had posted something on this but I guess not. My wife is kicking me out of the office so we can make it a full kids playroom. We have limited space b/c we unfortunately do not have a basement. I have a pretty big attached garage (deep), so in the back I made a small mini man cave / office for me, myself and I. It's small, however I didn't want to take up to much valuable garage space.

So whats going in there? I have a small server at home (backups of HuntingNY go there, personal stuff, movies, etc), my desktop PC, and my CCTV DVR.

I'm going to build a custom desk, 3/4 inch Oak ply with no legs (wall to wall with support brackets).

Anyways, I threw up a wall, tossed in a steel insulated door, ran electric, cable, and ethernet. I put in a subfloor, and had left over 3/4 inch bamboo flooring I had left over from when I did my upstairs.

I just tossed the first coat of paint on last night, went with "Urban Sunrise" (grey).

Some pics attached.

post-2-0-03267500-1352993333_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-42090000-1352993334_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-82980000-1352993335_thumb.jpg

My wife says the whole house is my man cave lol. My real one is in the basement 7 x 10 an old office of sorts by the last owner. Nice desk along one wall and part way up another,built in floor to ceiling shelves about a foot deep 5 foot long. It has worked well,gun safe all my hunting clothes,bottle of Bushmill.... 30 years of Playboys !

I've started to take over the large finished room as both kids are at school most of the year. My Mullie is on the wall down their and a bear rug so far.

Hey she's got the kitchen and washroom what more does she need ?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So lots of new pics here. Finished the desk, most of the wiring, most of the molding.. Have to finish up and then touch up all the paint i scratched / got stain on. Then punch down the ethernet, pop in the breakers, and move my crap in. I got a cool sign made for in there, hopefully get a pic of that soon. Plan to finish during my holiday break, my wife (meaning I ordered my xmas present for her to give to me) ordered a 32 inch TV for there too.

post-2-0-77438000-1355423680_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-68616300-1355423682_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-28193100-1355423684_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-67517800-1355423685_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...