Powerbelt Hollow Point

WTAddict

I would never use them again,do a search or google them.There are far better choices out there.I have been using the Hornady FPB the past few years and have had great results.. Thors,no excuses or bullshop are some other conicals you might try.

Go to cabelas or Gandermountain and check there reviews out.You can shoot them if you want { they are accurate } but from what I have seen first hand,I wouldn't use them again.There are FAR more better choices...Cheaper choices too...

The only advice I would give you if you use them is get the biggest grain bullet they make,maybe its 338 I think and don't use more then 80gr of loose powder or two pellets.

Shameless sales plug:

I picked up around 240 boxes total of Remington Game masters in 45-5--54 & 58 cal. They have been selling well in the western states. Selling for $7.50 box and I can ship 3 boxes for $5.00 no insurance.

I also have some Hornady's Great Plains left in 50 & 54 cal all are solid lead the lightest being he 45's run around 265 grains.

Here is one link

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=191412796

I can do a little better on the price for local sales seeing I don't have to make up auction fee.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=451047

I know guys who love power belts, but for the money there are less expensive bullets around if ya like to shoot more than a few times a year.

While back i wanted to ask a guy a question on gunbroker but you have to be a member to do so.

Ok so do the sign up thing, and then get the email to confirm my account, clicked on that to confirm and they want me to list a credit card and want to charge me $1.00 because i use yahoo as my email client. The $1.00 will be credited to my account once its confirmed. So first thing that comes to mind is this is total bs and they can kiss my a**. So now i want to contact them to tell them so and to remove any info about me. Apparently the only way to contact them is if you log on to your account, you cant log on to your account unless you do the bs credit card thing. I aint doin it, now way, no how, they can kiss my fat a** ill never buy anything thru there. If they cant take my word for who i am then pi** on um!

I have killed a number of deer, all with one shot, with the 245 gr. powerpoint with 100 grains of 777. The compromise of easier loading to me outweighs the marginal improvement in group size with sabots at the range I allow myself. It worked particularly well four years ago on a 205 lb southern tier buck.

I shot 295gr Powerbelt Hollowpoints and liked them, accurate and good bloodtrails. Last year, I switched to a lighter gr 'Aerotip' Powerbelt, hoping it would be flatter shooting. It was flatter shooting, BUT it left practically NO bloodtrail on perfectly hit deer! Shot 2 deer with them and thankfully, there was a fresh coating of snow and I tracked the deer down that way. They didn't go far (less than ~80 yards), but only found a very few pin-head sized specs of blood! I'll never shoot the aerotips again! I plan on finding another bullet to use too, as I've been told there are better options out there.

I dont understand why so many folks mention the blood trail so much with Powerbelts. Other than with archery and 12 gauge slugs, I have never in 30 years of hunting needed or noted the blood trail for a firearm shot deer. I certainly dont think they leave any more or less an entry hole (45 caliber) than from my .308, .300, 30-30,or 8x57.

While back i wanted to ask a guy a question on gunbroker but you have to be a member to do so.

Ok so do the sign up thing, and then get the email to confirm my account, clicked on that to confirm and they want me to list a credit card and want to charge me $1.00 because i use yahoo as my email client. The $1.00 will be credited to my account once its confirmed. So first thing that comes to mind is this is total bs and they can kiss my a**. So now i want to contact them to tell them so and to remove any info about me. Apparently the only way to contact them is if you log on to your account, you cant log on to your account unless you do the bs credit card thing. I aint doin it, now way, no how, they can kiss my fat a** ill never buy anything thru there. If they cant take my word for who i am then pi** on um!

LOL so how much do you spend on ebay?

I shoot 250gr shockwave easyglides with three 777 pellets out of an Omega topped with the Nikon Omega BDC. From a rest I put one bullet on top of another at 100yds at 250yds I'm getting 3/4" groups using the last circle. Which is all fine and dandy for paper the proof is in the pudding. Hit a deer at 150yds looking past the smoke trying to see which way he went then heard the death rattle and knew I'd dropped him in his tracks. I tried Powerbelts and at 125yds didn't get a pass through bullet disintegrated. Chased that sucker half way to hell before we found him. Good thing there was four inches of new snow as we could follow his hoof prints very little hair and almost no blood. From the looks of the sign we thought he was gut shot and waited a good four hours before tracking when found he was hit just behind the foreleg in the sweet spot. I want a bullet that blows their lungs out the farside and the Powerbelts just weren't cutting it.

Gutpile---I shoot the same thing out of my encore. I have a bushnell that you dial up for the range adjustment. only thing I like about the single crosshair of mine is.....it works at any magnification. From what I have read...the Nikon BDC is graduated to maximum magnification only.

I have never tracked a deer with the shockwaves either. all of them dropped and the exit hole is massive. I just hope I never hit a hind quarter or loin.

If you shoot the heavier platinum powerbelts you should never have a problem with bullet failure.  I believe all the problems with bullet failure are with PB  hollow points & lighter weight bullets.  Shooting magnum charges will exasterbate the problem.  Practice with the HP's and hunt with the platinums and you should never have a problem.