What the F is wrong with people!!!

MikeP

as paranoid as it sounds, to me its some anti sh*t. someone really hates hunters to do that. Thank God you got off okay.

You may be right. When me, and a couple of old Army buddies hunted in Fishkill, our stands were being sabotaged. We found out that it was anti hunters who lived in a complex on the outside of the property. We finally caught them trespassing, and dealt with it.

Yup so they could possible steal one

you can hide them pretty good. At worst it's a $100 lost. A good trick is to bring a ladder put it higher up in the tree angled down. They wont be able to reach it.

shoot, i bet with a good video clip you may even be able to prosecute for some sort of attempted murder charge. Dude could have died.

I border Stateland and scumbagland so I dont hang perm stands. I dont trust them to leave them alone and they can access with ATV's and haul my chit away if they really wanted to. Plus it gives me the upper hand because they dont have a clue where im coming from. I like to keep them guessing and sweatin. If I had this happen It wouldnt be good!!

Thanks everyone. Well, we will see what happens. I put a new strap on the stand with a small lock though the buckle and fixed the support bar. Took my buddies climber in and mounted 2 ir cameras about 15 foot up pointing at my stand. And on the plus side I seen an awesome buck that I could have shot if I would have been smart enough to bring my gun with me.

Hopefully he will be back so I can get a crack at him, and maybe get a few good pictures of the scumbag for the sheriff and DEC.

you can hide them pretty good. At worst it's a $100 lost. A good trick is to bring a ladder put it higher up in the tree angled down. They wont be able to reach it.

shoot, i bet with a good video clip you may even be able to prosecute for some sort of attempted murder charge. Dude could have died.

Had similar situation. All a pipe dream.

Sounds great but doesn't work. Come in with hoddie up, and unable to capture the face. The height of the person is also useless. Cop said I would get in trouble if I baited another stand and the loser got hurt and squealed.Said he could even sue me for falling out of the stand he's stealing tresspassing on my property. Are u kidding me! Great set of laws we're carrying on the books. Criminals protected. Edit : Edit. Edit.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Locks and chain or cable just add $$ to the amount you lose when stolen or cut. Half of the stands I have had stolen over the years were locked with expensive cables and/or locks. Take the prices of a $40-$50 stand up to $65-75 that you lose. Nothing a pair of $10 bolt cutters from Harbor Frieght can't overcome. If they want it, they will steal it.

Had similar situation. All a pipe dream.

Sounds great but doesn't work. Come in with hoddie up, and unable to capture the face. The height of the person is also useless. Cop said I would get in trouble if I baited another stand and the loser got hurt and squealed.Said he could even sue me for falling out of the stand he's stealing tresspassing on my property. Are u kidding me! Great set of laws we're carrying on the books. Criminals protected. Edit : Edit. Edit.

amazing isn't it. it's like the inground swimming pool laws. if they're not fenced in you're liable. it's not until someone forces entry that you're off the hook. So basically you need to put a large fence up. And the hoody thing is not surprising, but like i said, it's worth a shot and depending on your area you might at least get a hunch

i would just buy another cheap stand coat it in dog and deer guts. Set up some slick sticks so when they try and climb the footing drops out 4 or 5 rungs up and slap some Vaseline on a couple steps as well just make sure you set up a camera somewhere nearby!

If someone did this , they would land in jail !