Bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang, etc.

Doc

I guess if you think Doc really is asking "Can anybody explain the thrill of dumping ammo as quick as possible?" The videos have no connection at all.

Oh good lord. Now according to you, Doc has some cryptic meaning when he asks a question.

You have got to be the most presumptuous person I have ever run into.

Oh good lord. Now according to you, Doc has some cryptic meaning when he asks a question.

You have got to be the most presumptuous person I have ever run into.

Doc uses alot of metephors and tack in story format. That language style is supposed to let you excell in job interviews, making friends, influencing others, selling stuff, and getting elected...

I think he also has a lot of patience. I do too, I just rather reserve it for hunting and dog training...

Anyone know if it's illegal to shoot beaver in LA? You can shoot muskrat on Lake Champlain with .22 LR but not anywhere else in the state.

Doc, maybe they were anti's figuring if they made a bunch of noise it would push the deer away from the hunters?

Edited by covert

Anyone know if it's illegal to shoot beaver in LA? You can shoot muskrat in the St. Lawrence with .22 LR but not anywhere else in the state.

Doc, maybe they were anti's figuring if they made a bunch of noise it would push the deer away from the hunters?

Those kids said it was legal to shoot beaver there and that they actually are not native to La. but I never verified either claim. I did ask them what right they had to shoot a buzzard in a trap (elsewhere you are to bring protected nontarget catches which are injured to a wildlife rehabilitater) and to steal someone's trap. Dont think they ever replied.

Also: I thought it was only legal to shoot muskrats on Lake Champlain, not on the SL River. Are you sure about that?

Edited by mike rossi

Yep you're right, I had the body of water on the wrong side of the state. Corrected my previous post to avoid giving bad info, thanks.

I didn't actually watch the second video so I didn't see the part about shooting a buzzard, I was just going off the title.

http://www.facebook....v=4296804373361

me and my buddies doing some shooting over thanksgiving week.. doc its always fun to unload a mag at rapid speed.. i agree with the cost thing though.. thats why i unload my buddies ammo :ph34r:

Well, I know there has to be some fun to it because there are a lot of people doing it. My Nephew is another one that likes the rapid fire. I remember a shooting session where he all of a sudden ripped off a full magazine as fast as he could. Of course he didn't hit a damned thing, but he seemed to be having fun .... lol. However, they were only .22s so there was no cost concerns.

So anyway, I do understand that while it doesn't happen to be my thing, there sure are a lot of people that get a kick out of it. For the most part, I really don't care as long as I am not in the line of fire. It's just good to see people enjoying the shooting sports no matter what about it floats their boat, and it all bodes well for the future of gun ownership.

I just realized that another reason I never got into rapid fire is that I don't own a semi-automatic ..... lol. Kind of hard to do that sort of thing with levers, bolts, and pumps. It kind of loses its effect .... lol.

But anyway, it seemed pretty weird to be hearing that sort of thing right in the middle of deer season.

Doc uses alot of metephors and tack in story format. That language style is supposed to let you excell in job interviews, making friends, influencing others, selling stuff, and getting elected...

I think he also has a lot of patience. I do too, I just rather reserve it for hunting and dog training...

Lol .... What the heck is all this pile of psycho-babble all about? I thought it was interesting to hear all this commotion going on in the middle of deer season and just wondered about the "what" and "why" of it all. I didn't really expect the free psycho-analysis .... lol.

• Like 1

I have heard of such things especially using pots and pans and such for creating a disturbance. So I wouldn't put it past those animal rights wackos. But really I would doubt any of them would even have access to one of those evil guns .... lol.

On the other hand, those guys are welcome to come and help move deer for us if that's what they want to do. It sure would be nice if somebody besides myself were to get off their dead rumps and move a few deer. It's getting mighty lonely out there.

Doc, until you said there is a hill there, it sounded like you meant certain state lands in 8G where I hunt. I often hear groups of 5-6 shots, presumably from semi-auto shotguns during deer season. 10-11 could be two nearby hunters with the same guns ? I always say to myself after a gruoping like that, 'there's one that got away'. Sadly there's a chance it got wounded. There's been a lot of group hunting and 'drives' put on there lately.

I do rapid-fire with my 10/22 at the target range, but I hunt deer with 870's, so like you, each shot has to count.

Doc, until you said there is a hill there, it sounded like you meant certain state lands in 8G where I hunt. I often hear groups of 5-6 shots, presumably from semi-auto shotguns during deer season. 10-11 could be two nearby hunters with the same guns ? I always say to myself after a gruoping like that, 'there's one that got away'. Sadly there's a chance it got wounded. There's been a lot of group hunting and 'drives' put on there lately.

I do rapid-fire with my 10/22 at the target range, but I hunt deer with 870's, so like you, each shot has to count.

No this went on for at least 2 hours. Even as I went into the house they were still going at it. So it definitely was not any deer-hunting action.

As far as te deer go, you would be amazed at what some of them are conditioned to put up with. You might dump a mag and they don't blink and then try to sneak up on them and can;t get within 100 yards...lol. I hae see deer at the gun club I belong to lay in the thickets within 50 yards of the sporting clays shooting positions and never move while you shoot the station. It is weird what finially trips their trigger to flee.

Lol .... What the heck is all this pile of psycho-babble all about? I thought it was interesting to hear all this commotion going on in the middle of deer season and just wondered about the "what" and "why" of it all. I didn't really expect the free psycho-analysis .... lol.

Its a compliment Doc... Your welcome!

Pretty hard to listen for a gobble or a walking deer with back-round music? Still hunt for 4 hours with that? Can tell nobody here hunts with dogs either, because dogs, especially young ones, wonder what all the shooting is about to.

Whatever. I do my target shooting at the range and any youth I mentor will be told to do the same... Shoot where you want and tell your mentees whatever you want...