Long Island Shotgun season...

JimmyDaSavage

We had a fantastic time at Otis pike today!!!!! The men did not do as well as the woman:( We saw a total of about 24 deer. A number of them were moving fast but we (my god daughter) managed to keep up with them and bagged her first deer!!!! We had section 9 and 10 which was huge. My brother and I probably walked 10 miles each. He shot a few times and so did I. I had 4 doe served to me on a silver platter but missed the lead doe and my gun jammed on the second shot. My buddy missed one also but many were moving fast as we were pushing a lot of the property. My brother texted me and said I will get my daughter a deer on this drive. He sent 7 deer her way and she took the last one in the group. I'm so proud of her, it was a great day we saw a lot of deer and will do this again next year, well maybe next week (I feel a bit sick) lol BTW I flushed out 3 grouse 4 pheasant. It was a great day!!!!!

post-156-0-26458700-1357866198_thumb.jpg

Edited by First-light
  • Like 2

Hunted Rocky Point on Friday 1/11/13, overall it was a nice day a bit of rain towards the end, saw 8 deer total for me and my buddy saw approx 18, no real shot opportunities, when walking back towards the truck for an early lunch there were 8 guys standing along the main trail, with another 5-6 guys pushing for them ( lots of shots going off) it is kind of annoying that they organize the hunting so everyone isn't on top of each other and then guys just get dropped off push an area and move on, i wasn't even interested in hunting that area after i saw them pushing.

Sounds like a lot of people are seeing deer in otis pike and rocky point. Tough to get shots off though as the deer seem to be highly spooked and on the run from pushes. I have hunted twice so far in montauk and have yet to see a deer. Hoping Wed. for a broadside shot. One can hope lol.

Brother and his daughter are back at Otis Pike today. They went on stand by. Place was pretty empty and had a good choices to pick from. He just called and said he counted 10 so far today. All we pushed by him, they are holding tight and busting out at the speed of light!!!

Well it didn't take long after that post. # is up to 13 and he bagged a nice doe!!! They saw three out in the burnt out area of #6. Managed to get within a 100 yards and smoked the big doe. Heart shot (he was using my 1187) dead on!! Father Daughter hunt and they got it done once again!!!! BTW he thinks this a very old doe. Very white looking and shows some age. I'll post the age once checked in at RP.

post-156-0-29767800-1358363430_thumb.jpg

• Like 2