whackos at it again......Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut

tughillhunter

Well I am just so done with this. So much negativity here. Looks very apparent to me that Doc has dug a pretty big hole for himself. I thank everyone who has sent me private messages with your support. I will say say what you all said is very true. These moderators don't like what they hear and its just one post after another of them trying to stick together and wear you down, ex. We will ban you from this site if you keep it up. I even had one tell me tonight that even though one of his friends was being very negative with me it was because I provoked him. Amazing that grown men will sit here for hours on this site just trying to push their agenda on us over and over again. If you surround yourself with positive energy you are usually positive same goes for negative energy and man has that been proven here.

Yes, I said I would ban you if you keep up the repeated personal attacks. I also asked you to stop, and asked everyone in this thread to keep it civil. there are others that I have asked to calm down the language, etc. The forum has rules and if you dont want to adhere to them, then you dont need to be here.

ok ok ok. hw about we all stop arguing over this amngst ourselves? im even starting to say nasty things on this topic, and its not right. its xmas. cant we all get along?

Have a good Chritmas Tughill. I am sure we could sit down and have a cool conversation about hunting. We both share that passion. I am not happy with some of my post and sitting behind a computer trying to have these types of conversations is not the best way of going about it.

Have a good Chritmas Tughill. I am sure we could sit down and have a cool conversation about hunting. We both share that passion. I am not happy with some of my post and sitting behind a computer trying to have these types of conversations is not the best way of going about it.

and you the same. and you are absolutely right.

I don't agree with many here on this topic/ discussion. I knew I wouldn't and I got involved anyway.

As different as our opinions may be I would be the first one to lend a hand to anyone here who needed it, the first one to put a guest in my best stand etc.

Best Wishes to everyone here for a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

I can just see Obama, Reid, Pelosie, and Bidden high fiveing and grinning now that they can push there gun agenda. I bet they were sad it wasnt an AK or a "black rifle ". But I bet they will make do. Conn. has some of the strictest anti gun laws on the books and that couldnt even stop it. The monsters of the id cannot be stopped.

wow...........I just got how from work and thought I would see how everybody did hunting today but checked this thread first............what a feeding frenzy. I don't know what tired me out more, reading this stuff from page eight through sixteen, or 12 hours on the unit.

Anyway, nyantler thank you for your comment, " starts strangling people with piano wire... I would hate to never be able to hear a piano again". That made me laugh for the first time today!

It looked like everyone started to tire out a little by the end and there were even a few Merry Christmas wishes tossed in which was a nice switch. There is way too much ugliness in the world as we have all seen, and I think everyone has been rocked by this latest tragedy. It was sick, senseless and the actions of a person who was clearly unable to feel empathy for others. It is too easy to harm others when you don't see them as people.

My fear is that a similar phenomenon occurs on these forums, albeit to (thankfully) a lesser degree, where you only see words on a board that ignite emotions, and not a person.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to read how everyone did hunting today. LOL!

Oh........and I before I go..did I read it right......somebody here has a problem with "hillbillies"...say it ain't so....LOL!

Peace

Even when you are wrong you just will not accept it. Keep fighting to prove how right you are.

i think its fairly obvious that Popit is the alter ego of someone that we all know and love on this site and understandably has been made very upset by what has happened and is just having a bad reaction to alot of the posts made here by myself, Doc and others. I say we just all go easy on her and soon we all will be able to continue having the normal conversations we all so enjoy having with her....

I don't agree with many here on this topic/ discussion. I knew I wouldn't and I got involved anyway.

As different as our opinions may be I would be the first one to lend a hand to anyone here who needed it, the first one to put a guest in my best stand etc.

Best Wishes to everyone here for a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Sometimes its best to agree to disagree and move on.

Same to you and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

• Like 1

Doc, you preach about the freedom to keep and bear arms. Then you want to lock our kids behind chain link fencing and turn our schools into prisons. Sell out one freedom for another?

It is nothing that I want to do. People are asking for suggestions and that is one thing that occurred to me. Simply put a barrier between them and crazies. If you think that security at schools is a bad idea, I simply have to disagree with you. If you have a better way to obtain a secure atmosphere for kids to learn in, I am listening.

As far as your comparison to prisons, the chain link fencing is not to keep the kids in. That's a huge difference. It is to keep evil-doers with bombs, guns, etc from access to the walls of the schools or the people inside. The only freedom lost is the ability of someone to simply walk into a school and blow the place up or start spraying the classrooms with bullets or any other means of mayhem that they might have in mind. No, it's not a cure-all, nor is it any kind of impediment to those that have legitimate business inside school walls. And it is another layer of security that is not being taken advantage of anywhere but the toughest inner-city schools.

I have to agree with Doc. My daughters school you get rung in just like the shooter did. No one at the door to stop and check you. They open that door anyone with anything can get in. Lockem down. Its the only rational answer because with millions of guns in circulation banning one type will not stop anything at all. They can ban all the so called "assult weapons " they want but it still wont stop the killing. That bill gets signed there will be another a week later and they will sign another bill and there will be another a week later. Its never going to end and you will never stop it.

Edited by erussell

the problem is he did not get buzzed in as first reported he broke a window and got in. Our kids need to be protected, but a false sense of security such as they had isn't working. Arm the staff teach them to be proficient with a firearm and our local school have a resource officer on duty also. He is a police sheriff officer who's salary is paid by the school. His only job is to be at school during school hours. He is in uniform and carries. He can not be everywhere at all times in the school. I could not picture some wacko breaking in where the place had more weapons than him. And if he did, it would be a short gun fight.

Well I am just so done with this. So much negativity here. Looks very apparent to me that Doc has dug a pretty big hole for himself. I thank everyone who has sent me private messages with your support. I will say say what you all said is very true. These moderators don't like what they hear and its just one post after another of them trying to stick together and wear you down, ex. We will ban you from this site if you keep it up. I even had one tell me tonight that even though one of his friends was being very negative with me it was because I provoked him. Amazing that grown men will sit here for hours on this site just trying to push their agenda on us over and over again. If you surround yourself with positive energy you are usually positive same goes for negative energy and man has that been proven here.

I made a comment about those who exploit the deaths of innocent children and others as opportunities to further their anti-gun agenda. And for some reason, you have identified yourself with them and taken offense at that statement. What does that say about you? Will you kindly just take just a second and answer that one question? What exactly is your point in defending these people? What is the connection between you and them? I frankly find that activity repulsive. Apparently you feel a need to defend that kind of thing. Why?

Look, if you feel some need (for pages and pages) to defend those that look forward to seizing the opportunity to exploit tragedy, and even if you see yourself as one of them ..... knock your socks off. You have a right to that opinion. I didn't realize that any members here would align themselves with that despicable activity. I was apparently wrong. It is now clear that we do have some that think that exploiting dead children for advancement of a personal anti-gun agenda is a proper activity. Hey .... it takes all kinds. But, don't expect me to quietly condone such activity. Personally I find it disgusting.

I can just see Obama, Reid, Pelosie, and Bidden high fiveing and grinning now that they can push there gun agenda. I bet they were sad it wasnt an AK or a "black rifle ". But I bet they will make do. Conn. has some of the strictest anti gun laws on the books and that couldnt even stop it. The monsters of the id cannot be stopped.

Really??? You think they are happy 20 children were killed because it helps some political agenda they might have? Do you also think Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld were high fiveing after 9/11 because it helped promote their pro-war agenda? Do you really think you are helping the cause by making stupid comments such as this?

• Like 1

Really??? You think they are happy 20 children were killed because it helps some political agenda they might have? Do you also think Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld were high fiveing after 9/11 because it helped promote their pro-war agenda? Do you really think you are helping the cause by making stupid comments such as this?

Sometimes the wording in comments could be different.

It does seem that people at high levels of power have goals that come first. There are examples of that in history. Are they happy or high five-ing? I don't know. They may not be happy some people go killed but they could be happy the event happened.?. Some powerful people get where they are at because they do what the average person wouldn't fathom to do. In both good and bad ways.

Really??? You think they are happy 20 children were killed because it helps some political agenda they might have?

Frankly I know that the people noted are rabid fanatical gun control advocates that have spent decades doing whatever they can to eliminate guns. It is their life's ambition and they hope it to become a part of their legacy. Yes, I believe that they are perfectly willing and happy to exploit this tragedy for their own agenda. And as a matter of fact they have begun already. I am sure that they feel sorry for the lives lost, but will not hesitate for even a minute to exploit the situation for their own benefit and the furtherance of their ambitions and agenda. And the proof is in their immediate enthusiastic reactions. They are not wasting a minute of this opportunity and most likely had a response already prepared and a plan in place for this event even before it happened.

• Like 1

I made a comment about those who exploit the deaths of innocent children and others as opportunities to further their anti-gun agenda. And for some reason, you have identified yourself with them and taken offense at that statement. What does that say about you? Will you kindly just take just a second and answer that one question? What exactly is your point in defending these people? What is the connection between you and them? I frankly find that activity repulsive. Apparently you feel a need to defend that kind of thing. Why?

Look, if you feel some need (for pages and pages) to defend those that look forward to seizing the opportunity to exploit tragedy, and even if you see yourself as one of them ..... knock your socks off. You have a right to that opinion. I didn't realize that any members here would align themselves with that despicable activity. I was apparently wrong. It is now clear that we do have some that think that exploiting dead children for advancement of a personal anti-gun agenda is a proper activity. Hey .... it takes all kinds. But, don't expect me to quietly condone such activity. Personally I find it disgusting.

What is wrong with you? Lets let this post die off. Go back and read this whole thread and it seems like a lot of talk about people with an Anti agenda but no one is really on here fighting for that. There is a lot from you defending yourself and your beliefs though. You are the one who made the statement that some people on this site look forward to that type of news. I have a hard time believing even someone who is completely Anti-Gun would ever wish this to further their agenda. Do you really believe people on this site were happy when they heard 20 children were killed? let me know your answer? Talk about exploiting a situation. How many post have you made on this topic since it started? I have already stated I have received numerous private messages from people on this subject. In everyone of them I am told to keep at it with" you "and that this is your M O and to be honest you are not painted in a very good light. This thread was moving in a positive direction lets keep it that way. Go find something else to do today. You have spent the better part of this past weekend on here trying to drive home your point and I think you have alienated a lot of people. In spite of this i wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and hope you have a happy and healthy new year., I am a bowhunter 100% I do not gun hunt but I absolutely have no problem with anyone that does and I am all for the 2nd amendment.

• Like 1

What is wrong with you? Lets let this post die off. Go back and read this whole thread and it seems like a lot of talk about people with an Anti agenda but no one is really on here fighting for that. There is a lot from you defending yourself and your beliefs though. You are the one who made the statement that some people on this site look forward to that type of news. I have a hard time believing even someone who is completely Anti-Gun would ever wish this to further their agenda. Do you really believe people on this site were happy when they heard 20 children were killed? let me know your answer? Talk about exploiting a situation. How many post have you made on this topic since it started? I have already stated I have received numerous private messages from people on this subject. In everyone of them I am told to keep at it with" you "and that this is your M O and to be honest you are not painted in a very good light. This thread was moving in a positive direction lets keep it that way. Go find something else to do today. You have spent the better part of this past weekend on here trying to drive home your point and I think you have alienated a lot of people. In spite of this i wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and hope you have a happy and healthy new year., I am a bowhunter 100% I do not gun hunt but I absolutely have no problem with anyone that does and I am all for the 2nd amendment.