Teacher vs Student Debate, Fun times

Robinson446

Nice! you smooth talking devil ... lol. Careful, your personality is showing. I've never heard so much nonsense in my life. If you feel the need to be the forum's grammar police, knock your socks off. I don't think we need your services, but apparently it does something for your ego so do what you think you need to do.

And just to keep your portrayal of my comments as having some semblance of honesty, you will note that I did not "Tell the kid grammar is unimportant in life, especially when talking, writing, and interacting with those who hold power positions over you, such as a teacher, potential employer, or current boss" .... blah ... blah .... blah. If you are going to represent my words, at least do it honestly. And like I said earlier, if your sincere desire is to help the kid, at least have the decency to do in a PM instead of trying to make some public spectacle over it. Just viewing the window into your personality that you just provided, I suspect your real motives were not really all that noble.

Sorry Doc, I think you are going soft. Pull up the big boy britches and Depends and deal with it. You might want to then get back on the rocker you fell off of. Is that what you want to hear? Does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside Clark Griswold? Like rainbows and unicorns?

There, is that better?

Seriously Doc, relax. No harm was done by telling him in public he needs to get a better grasp on the English language. He appears to be a productive member and with a good head on his shoulders. Three people suggesting to him to improve is not something that requires a PM. It was relevant to the discussion at hand (debating a teacher for Pete's sake). You insinuate we are grammar police when that is clearly not the case.

I did the kid a favor, as did Belo and Scott. Nobody wants him to fail - and I bet that speaks for both of them, too. Public shame would be calling him an idiot, moron, or some other negative connotation, and nobody has done that or likely will do that, because that's not the case. There's no ego here; you are telling yourself a story.

• Like 1

This has been a hell of a week on the sight...I think some ppl should line up 3ft. from a clearly drawn line ...unzip and let it fly.....then this "contest" will finally be over.....

Contest Results:

1. Growalot - Late closer, left the pack via trickery by confusing, muddled, incoherent babbling in threads. Then sealed the deal requiring the yard stick rather than the classroom ruler. That cat is on the pedestal.

2. Doc - He places a formal objection on record, however. His position is that the pharmacy was closed and results may vary otherwise.

3. Belo - He misread the contest gudelines and shot a button buck by mistake.

4. Fast Eddie - Poor guy couldn't read the directions and competed backwards.

5. Robinson - His feelings were hurt and he spent the contest crying in shame in the stall. Eventual results were disappointing due to turtling effect of the public lashing.

6. Scot - Felt so bad and wanting to help Robinson, he abstained from beginning at zero. Started out of the gate at -5 just to ensure the "Everyone gets a trophy" mentality continues so Robinson can falsely get a sense that "Everything is just fine."

DNF: Phade - Didn't want to get his ego hurt.

Color commentary brought to you by Culver Creek - Everyone has one of "those" guys in the group, don't they?

Refused to compete: Shawnhu - Who knew he also distrusted officials on top of police?

Edited by phade

Ya I know Belo...I post on the run...unfortunately I don't always connect with errors at the time I post...my brain reads what I type as I perceived it...not until I come back and read again do such errors register...by that time...this site :P has deemed to lock us out from making changes..but notice I do edit a lot..spelling grammer

See knowing my weaknesses ...Typing... tendency...toward dyslexia....even having thoughts that don't always make it to paper..but my brain doesn't pickup on...Well these things make me a tad more understanding of others perceived flaws .....

Edited by growalot

Ya I know Belo...I post on the run...unfortunately I don't always connect with errors at the time I post...my brain reads what I type as I perceived it...not until I come back and read again do such errors register...by that time...this site :P has deemed to lock us out from making changes..but notice I do edit a lot..spelling grammer

See knowing my weaknesses ...Typing... tendency...toward dyslexia....even having thoughts that don't always make it to paper..but my brain doesn't pickup on...Well these things make me a tad more understanding of others perceived flaws .....

oh I know, i do the same, and i also dont capitalize "i" as MSWORD does this for me :) I was just busting your balls man. You'll find 90% of my posts are edited because for some reason i read them after i post.

That's spot on Phade. There was absolutely no intention of embarrassing this young man. My intention was to help him. Anyone who reads through my posts and concludes any thing different has no interest in what is truthful.

Exactly, we all want this kid to be successful. Bottom line. The forum is surely behind that.

• Like 1

oh I know, i do the same, and i also dont capitalize "i" as MSWORD does this for me :) I was just busting your balls man. You'll find 90% of my posts are edited because for some reason i read them after i post.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. How else do you think she won the contest? A gelding amongst stallions.

Hey Steve863

I'll agree with that whole heartily....Going as far as to say...I'm not a betting person...unless it's a sure thing...saying that...I bet 10-1 mine are bigger than yours..... ;)

Anything is possible...hell, be they big or small at least I have parts that belong on a guy...you on the other hand??...sort of like an interchangeable gun barrel I guess...well anyway, as long as Mr. B don't mind them all is good. LOL

be they big or small at least I have parts that belong on a guy...you on the other hand??.

Been on this forum and your the first one to make any nasty sexist remark...you should be very proud...so returning the favor...just to give you a taste of your own venom....You may have the parts...but it doesn't read like they're in working order Now as far as my previous comment...A little lesson for you..

A woman's ovaries are the anatomical equivalent of a man's testicles

"What ever"...lol

Sticking with something you'd understand...

on second though theres a lesson....

twit

Definition

twit

[ twit ]

NOUN

twits plural

offensive term: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's commonsense or consideration for others ( slang insult )

Edited by growalot

there is no way he could have done that amount of damage with knives. it would only take 2 adults to neutralize him. What he could have done however would be bombs, fire (blocking the exits etc.)

I honestly believe that he could have done the same damage and the damage he would have done would be worse and have more meaning with each kill. I wish also thinking bomb and fire but for some reason i didnt write it.