is this legal?

josephmrtn

That now depends on where you are...for in one county at least it's legal now...I read the ODN and the DEC spokes person said ECO are now hesitant about giving tickets to anyone found feeding wild life...they do not want another court battle...sooo.... they according to the article..... are backing off until they can/and will...rewrite the law

hmmm i saw somewhere on here a member made a cover scent/ attractant out of something like this but that was under 1 oz....... I wouldnt personaly call it feeding but the dec prob thinks diff... oh well it was just a passing thought, i might give an officer a call sometime if ive got a moment and just ask his personal opinion but for now it looks like the answer is no....

hmmm i saw somewhere on here a member made a cover scent/ attractant out of something like this but that was under 1 oz.

I talked about using honey during bear season...but it had to be in a burn and 1oz....a DEC captain or Sargent..now I can't remember...anyhow from reg 9 told me if the attractant was not in liquid form more than 1oz could legally be used...for the law clearly states in liquid form....so soaking it up into wood chips....clothe changes it's form....

Spoke with an ECO who said that the feeding ban is under challenge because it violates the constitution. He said the law is being re-written and the current law is no longer enforced. I checked the web and can't confirm this. Has anyone else heard of this challenge?

Posted Yesterday, 06:35 PM

That now depends on where you are...for in one county at least it's legal now...I read the ODN and the DEC spokes person said ECO are now hesitant about giving tickets to anyone found feeding wild life...they do not want another court battle...sooo.... they according to the article..... are backing off until they can/and will...rewrite the law

ODN stands for the Out Door News paper...not sure if you can find the articles on line....we get it every 2wks delivered

I missed this post when I posted. From what I was told the law is being re-written and the current ban is no longer being enforced. This came directly from an ECO. What he said is the initial law was found to be unconstitutional. Not sure when this occurred but being that 1/2 of the people that post on this site are legal scholars and 2/3 of those are Encon law experts, I'm sure that more than Growalot and I have heard of this.