IPhone 5

Lawdwaz

I dropped the cash for one last Friday. Anybody else have one? How about IPhone 4, 4S?

So far battery suckage has been considerable. I'm still (and will be for a bit) trying to learn about it from my 15 year old daughter & any other kid that has one!

I have only loaded a couple apps: EBay & The Weather Channel. What other apps do you guys use? I DON'T want any games.........

Oh yea, I butt dialed a guy yesterday, two times. How can that happen with that slide lock thing?

• Like 1

Funny, I was thinking about getting my wife one for Christmas. What did you drop on it?

She "NEEDS" a new phone, but it must be an I phone (cause everyone else has one) I am neither tech savy or un-savy but I cant wrap my head around the need for such a device.....she never answers when I call anyway.

The Flash light App is handy, Gas buddy for finding the cheapest gas, ihandy level is fun, various news apps, if you are going to put music on it you can get one called soundhound which is one where you can activate it and hold it up to an unknown song and it will tell you what the song is and you can download it right from there.

I have never butt dialed with mine but I know you can set it up to require a code to unlock instead of the slide bar.

Battery life can be saved by closing out app's and by messing with some of the settings. To close out app's double tap the button at the bottom of the phone and then hold your finger over the app's until the mius sign comes up. Then go through and hit all the minus's and close them all out, it doesn't delete anything just shuts them off. I highly recomend a case of some sort.

I have the plain old 4.

• Like 1

Funny, I was thinking about getting my wife one for Christmas. What did you drop on it?

She "NEEDS" a new phone, but it must be an I phone (cause everyone else has one) I am neither tech savy or un-savy but I cant wrap my head around the need for such a device.....she never answers when I call anyway.

2bills gets you in the game. Monthy BS I can't wrap my hands around yet. I've been with Verizon for years, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.......

MANY unreal features, most I haven't figured out. A couple cool things: voice memo, good for those things I think of during the night and am too lazy to get out of bed to write down and how it can convert your voice to a typed text message for times my fingers are to messy from powdered donuts etc. <grin> Seriously, many times I lay down in bed, turn off the light and my head starts to swim with ideas or things to do the next day. rather than get up, fumble for my specs, flip on the light, search out the pen & paper, I can just grab the charging phone next to the bed on the night stand, next to the Glock. <no grin>

The weather app should be great for hunting.

I just got mine 2 weeks ago. Love it so far.

flashlight app is a must.

Get "find Iphone" finder. it helps yopu find it if you lose it or any other apple like an Ipad. Will also let you see where your kids phone is...lol

I also like Redlaser -- bar code scanner to let you know who has an item cheaper. Works pretty well

"my radar"

I like music so Pandora and Shazam

Music (pandora)

Hunting (scoutlook)

GPS (motionx gps). It will turn your phone into a real gps (awesome for hunting)

Also if you turn off wireless and location services when you are not using them and turn down the brightness to half way you will get much better battery life. Also as doewhacker said if you close out of apps when not using them it will help with battery life also. There is also a case you can buy that has a battery in it that will give you a full charge from 0% battery. Its great for hunting and will make sure it lasts the whole day and then some if you are on your phone alot. Hope this helps.

John

I had an upgrade to get the Iphone5 for $199, so I bought it and sold it for $600. Easiest $ I ever made. I'll stick with my htc evo.

I can only aspire to be as smart as you someday. What will you do with your fortune, mount a jackalope?

I hope your htc evo doesn't crap in the hay..........

• Like 1

I can only aspire to be as smart as you someday. What will you do with your fortune, mount a jackalope?

I hope your htc evo doesn't crap in the hay..........

I'm not into technology, so I'll probably just use the $ to buy your house.

Anyway, I just started using Tapatalk, it was like $2 or $3. it works pretty good. Definitely easier in my opinion that posting through the full site edition on my phone.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Anyway, I just started using Tapatalk, it was like $2 or $3. it works pretty good. Definitely easier in my opinion that posting through the full site edition on my phone.

Touche!

I was SURE you had it in ya..............

Thanks for the TapTalkTip. I'll start saving my pennies.

Iphone 4 for me since Aug 2010 and iPad2 since Feb 2012.

Best apps:

Tapatalk

Scoutlook

Dropbox (for ipad too)

PDF Expert. (For iPad and iPhone. Great app for creating and editing docs)

Genius Scan (scan and email docs)

Find my iPhone (to track my daughters whereabouts)

Jumione (connect to remote webcam - use it to keep eye on my dog when i'm out)

CloudOn (view create and edit word docs)

I get my apps for free, including Tapatalk.

• 1 month later...