Doesn't get any better than this!

First-light

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, great speech and great school she is headed to.  We just got back from our youngest daughter’s graduation at her high school football field.  She’s headed off to St John Fisher this fall.  

The student speeches at her school were pretty good also .  The former grad, who gave the keynote, now runs the Greenbay Packers.  

• Like 4

Congrats, great speech and great school she is headed to.  We just got back from our youngest daughter’s graduation at her high school football field.  She’s headed off to St John Fisher this fall.  

The student speeches at her school were pretty good also .  The former grad, who gave the keynote, now runs the Greenbay Packers.  

We were roasting!661443288a4c78567faaa89bd1c8e695.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

We were roasting!661443288a4c78567faaa89bd1c8e695.jpg

I saw an article in the Clarence Patch about 2 father’s under the bleachers drinking Genny wearing HNY shirts. Do you guys know them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BizCT said:

I saw an article in the Clarence Patch about 2 father’s under the bleachers drinking Genny wearing HNY shirts. Do you guys know them?

There was too much sun and not enough shade at that event for any beer drinking. 

• Sad 1

After a pretty quick and orderly checkin they brought about 75 cadets and families into an auditorium. There was a 2 minute welcome speech then they said "Cadets you have 1 minute to say goodbye" Then off they went. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. 

• Like 2

The Oath ceremony was awesome tonight. I couldn't believe they took her at 7 am and about 12 hours later what we were looking at. Amazing!
IMG_1995.thumb.jpeg.33874f201a459ee25ff11f43b6bd2310.jpeg

If that's not a lesson in parenting nothing is.
I bet she didn't get to "not feel like" doing something or binge a series on nextflix or Uber eats a $12 Starbucks from her phone during that time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

If that's not a lesson in parenting nothing is.
I bet she didn't get to "not feel like" doing something or binge a series on nextflix or Uber eats a $12 Starbucks from her phone during that time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The West Point Starbucks upcharges for almond milk, I'm literally shaking

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

FL your daughter is remarkable! Whats her long term goal? Im sending two daughters off to college in August

She wants to pursue international intelligence. Her mind is so open and will be exposed to so much it may change. For now that's the plan. Good luck to your girls, where they headed?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. We got a surprise call Monday from her. They let all the Plebes call home. They start at 4 am and end at 10 pm. She misses us so much. Little sleep so everyone is emotional at some parts of the day. Loves land navigation and hiking in full gear with her M-14! Said she would change anything. That's good enough for me. Almost two weeks in!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday marked the halfway point of Beast. My daughter and three other girls went to a graduates house for lunch and some down time. They were given back their phones so we had over an hour with her. She passed the physical part of training. They just don't get much sleep. 4-5 hrs a night I could see she was exhausted. Mentally it weighs on her especially the part of being home sick. She said I will never take another person for granted in my life. She has three weeks to go. Some kids dropped out just too demanding.  It was a rough day for this old guy my heart broke for her. These next few weeks are a lot of field training so it might be more exciting and the time will go faster. Thanks for listening! FL

• Like 3