New Yorkers Stripped of Rights, Freedom

This happened because most NY gun owners let it happen. Many who are not affected by this new law couldn't care less about those who are affected. Selfish, stupid, near sighted morons!

They'll be coming for these morons guns next, but they don't believe that either.

• Like 4

Whats crazy is how many people want to come out and talk about it now.( No offense to the OP ).. But a fews weeks ago it was being taken as a joke. I was being called crazy and what not. And not even a week later this happens.

Think about it.. Were screwed we now have the strictest gun laws in the USA. And it's just starting.

Criminals can and will be able to out gun a legal gun owner now 10-15 > 7 . That is such a shame.

• Like 1

This happened because most NY gun owners let it happen. Many who are not affected by this new law couldn't care less about those who are affected. Selfish, stupid, near sighted morons!

They'll be coming for these morons guns next, but they don't believe that either.

Enlighten me on what you did to fight it?

• Like 1

not to put to fine of a point on this but.......... what will turning a dirty fingure in the direction of another solve? i hear alot of gripes directed at those who are "downstate" last time i checked they are affected by this new law the same as that poor shmuck who lives up in the north country. in all honesty now is NOT the time to be picking a fight with a brother or sister....... just saying.

• Like 1

He did jack$#!+, that's what! He comes on here blaming all other gun owners about everything under the sun, while he doesn't have the smarts or personality to convince a rat to eat some cheese. Yup, with the likes of him we are certain to convince politicians and society that they shouldn't fear law abiding gun owners!

Unfortunately all we could do was write and call our reps and keep the pressure on them. I emailed and called all of mine and a bunch of others every day for the last week and a couple of times before that. I have emails that came from the offices of at least two, maybe three of the Republican senators that said they would do everything they could to protect our 2A rights, and then they turned around and voted for this bill. I knew I couldnt trust any of them. Been saying it for years, they dont give a rats ass about us peasants, theyre in it to get their salaries and golden parachute benefits on our dime.

All we can do is hope this gets overturned in the courts, or move to a free state.

Exactly..."they don't give a rats ass about us peasants"... I would add IN THIS STATE which is run by THE CITY. The 2nd A ...the FRIGGIN CONSTITUTION ... flies in the face of their goals so even that gets disregarded. I'm no alarmist or "doomsday prepper" but this is all too scary.

• Like 1

For one thing, I belong to every pro-gun organization you can think of. I also write every lawmaker in Albany about the 2nd Amendment and gun rights. I rally my friends to protest bad gun laws and educate the uninformed gun owners of NY every chance I get. Most importantly, I put money into causes I believe will help us win the fight!

What, pray tell, did you do? I don't think I ever met you on the field of battle anywhere in NY. If I did, you wouldn't have asked me that question.

not to put to fine of a point on this but.......... what will turning a dirty fingure in the direction of another solve? i hear alot of gripes directed at those who are "downstate" last time i checked they are affected by this new law the same as that poor shmuck who lives up in the north country. in all honesty now is NOT the time to be picking a fight with a brother or sister....... just saying.

It should serve to get the gun owners who were apathetic, to get into the fight and work to get this unconstitutional law repealed. That takes time, dedication and money. Three things I see very little of on these forums. Maybe now, with the truth staring you guys in the face, you will change your attitudes.

He did jack$#!+, that's what! He comes on here blaming all other gun owners about everything under the sun, while he doesn't have the smarts or personality to convince a rat to eat some cheese. Yup, with the likes of him we are certain to convince politicians and society that they shouldn't fear law abiding gun owners!

Do you know me steve? I doubt it. I think I would remember severely sore knuckles if we had ever spoken face to face.

Unfortunately all we could do was write and call our reps and keep the pressure on them. I emailed and called all of mine and a bunch of others every day for the last week and a couple of times before that. I have emails that came from the offices of at least two, maybe three of the Republican senators that said they would do everything they could to protect our 2A rights, and then they turned around and voted for this bill. I knew I couldnt trust any of them. Been saying it for years, they dont give a rats ass about us peasants, theyre in it to get their salaries and golden parachute benefits on our dime.

All we can do is hope this gets overturned in the courts, or move to a free state.

Not true. A very smart man once said, "I have not yet begun to fight!" Try that idea on for size. It will cheer you up.

I don't think I ever met you on the field of battle anywhere in NY. If I did, you wouldn't have asked me that question.

I'm sure you'd stand right out on the battlefield............

Your really doing a fine job of whipping up the crowd lately aren't you? A real positive message.

Situational Leadership demands you treat people where they are on the playing field. Right now, NY gun owners are losing the battle. You expect a hardy "ATTA BOY!" for that?

Grow a set, get angry, and demand action to fight this bad law. "I WILL NOT COMPLY!!"

Got it?

Do you know me steve? I doubt it. I think I would remember severely sore knuckles if we had ever spoken face to face.

Oh, so now you threaten those who don't agree with your BS with physical violence?? You are a piece of $#!+,and nothing more. Of this I can assure you. Yup, the non-gun owning public should trust nutcases like you to own guns.

Not a threat. Just an observation about how I respond to disrespectful azzholes when they get in my face. I see no problem with that, especially after you get mad enough to attempt to attack me.

You are full of hot air steve. Take a walk outside and blow off some steam. You're about to break your keyboard.

Truly sad about what happened in NY today with the passage of this "feel good" legislation. Face it we are living in a liberal democratic State and not surprisingy the law passed by wide margins. Unfortunately the only thing that can be done to either overturn this law or clarify it is through legal action. I have no doubt that the NRA's legal team is already on it looking for ways to not only challenge the law but also address Cuomo's sneaky backdoor tactics. Why do I believe this? Because NY has the toughest gun control laws to begin with and these changes made it even tougher. So the NRA has to make a lot of noise now to stop the runaway train from crossing the borders into other states.

Rather than pointing fingers it's time for us law abiding pro-gun owners to refocus and combine our anger and energy toward making sure that those who voted for this law do not get re-elected.

• Like 1