Zebrows Y

VOTE: FLOOR VOTE: - Jan 14, 2013

BILL 2388

Ayes (43): Adams, Addabbo, Avella, Boyle, Breslin, Carlucci, Diaz,

Dilan, Espaillat, Felder, Flanagan, Fuschillo, Gianaris, Gipson,

Golden, Grisanti, Hannon, Hassell-Thomps, Hoylman, Kennedy,

Klein, Krueger, Lanza, Latimer, LaValle, Marcellino, Martins,

Montgomery, O'Brien, Parker, Peralta, Perkins, Rivera, Sampson,

Sanders, Savino, Serrano, Skelos, Smith, Squadron, Stavisky, Stewart-Cousin, Valesky

Nays (18): Ball, Bonacic, DeFrancisco, Farley, Gallivan, Griffo, Larkin, Libous,

Little, Marchione, Maziarz, Nozzolio, O'Mara, Ranzenhofer, Ritchie,

Robach, Seward, Young

Excused (1): Zeldin

As much as this stuff is good to know.. I refuse to ever vote for an incumbant... so it won't make much difference in my voting for the future

I hate career politicians as much as the next guy, but if you really liked what a candidate stood for and the work he did in his previous term, why would you not vote for him again? Especially is the alternative is someone whom you really do not like. I'm just curious...

I am pleased to say that both my assemblywoman and state senator voted no. I was also please that the recently elected assemblyman from the district right next to us voted no. He is a democrat by the way, so I applaud his courage. By the same token, I hope that you guys that live in conservative districts vote out the republicans that voted yes on this.

Then the list is incomplete. My State Assemblyman from the 131st District, Brian Kolb, who voted "no", is not in the list.

Yes he is, 24th down. Jane Corwin, last name is there, first name is different. She voted against because, she didn't have enough time to read the bill and understand it, as she stated in her interview. Wonder how many others didn't even read it.Bet several were quick to jump on the band wagon with Cuomo. Goverment at its worst.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Yes he is, 24th down. Jane Corwin, last name is there, first name is different. She voted against because, she didn't have enough time to read the bill and understand it, as she stated in her interview. Wonder how many others didn't even read it.Bet several were quick to jump on the band wagon with Cuomo. Goverment at its worst.

That is a 100% BS excuse used to lay a foundation for defense against attacks for not voting for it from her opponents during her next election, while keeping her Republican voting base happy.

It was not a long bill, and she has a staff. If she didn't have enough time to understand a straight forward bill like that with a small army of lawyers at her disposal, she should resign.

In my opinion, covering your ass with an excuse like that rather than owning up to your vote is government at its worst.

This whole thing reminds of when I was in high school, where peer pressure ran rampant. Do we have a bunch of high schoolers running the show for us?

Edited by shawnhu

Ok, I got it figured out now....lol. The formatting is actually two columns with only last names. This Dinowit is a different entry than Kolb. Sorry, I was confused.

That is a 100% BS excuse used to lay a foundation for defense against attacks for not voting for it from her opponents during her next election, while keeping her Republican voting base happy.

It was not a long bill, and she has a staff. If she didn't have enough time to understand a straight forward bill like that with a small army of lawyers at her disposal, she should resign.

In my opinion, covering your ass with an excuse like that rather than owning up to your vote is government at its worst.

The way I am hearing it, they were in such a mad rush to hold the vote and ram this thing through that most of those who were not on the inside creating it, had no chance to even read it, let alone consider the pros and cons of any of the line-items. It sounds like she handled it the honorable way by voting against something she had not had been given time to read. I don't know anything about the lady, but as far as I am concerned anything that is not read thoroughly and carefully considered, should be voted down.

Nope ..... That's some guy named Dinowit Y Kolb. I have no clue who that is, but he is not my State Assemblyman ... Brian Kolb. If that is a typo, I would like to find a more official site where perhaps I could find something that is more correct. Doesn't anyone have a web-site where I can get this voting info? Like i said, I have found the State Senate voting record on their site. The Senate is not the problem. But the Assembly web-site left off the voting record on that law (at least the last time I checked it).

Doc, Dinowit is another assemblymen, and they voted Yes. There are two columns, you are reading them as first name , middle initial, last name. You should read it name, vote, name, vote.

Doc, Dinowit is another assemblymen, and they voted Yes. There are two columns, you are reading them as first name , middle initial, last name. You should read it name, vote, name, vote.

Yeah, the formatting confused me. Got it straight now.