Turkey Countdown Clock

landtracdeerhunter

• 3 weeks later...

It helps that the turkey stay pretty much down hill in the winter...but come late March they start showing up again...by mid April they have been gobbling their fool heads off and strutting all over the woods...by May first All that's calmed down...Mid May....nary a peep out of them...it's a bummer after the first week of the season............ it's usually a lot of hard work to get a second bird after that

Last year, it was tough getting a gobble all May here. Hope the big boys still out there. Neighbor spotted him mid November after season closed. Heck of a good breeder with the product seen running around. The pic represents his size, LOL.

Must have been good luck or something posting yesterday. Seen a flock of 13 about 3 mile from the fort. Maybe the flock that left the farm last October, when the canopy cover thinned. Apparently, don't have good winter turkey habitat here.

post-888-0-45554000-1361294672.jpg

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

• 2 weeks later...

Not to get ahead of the spring hunt, but does anyone know when the Fall Turkey Season starts in 2013? I have to put in my vacation requests this week for the entire 2013-2014 year and much to my wife's chagrin, my vacation requests will coincide with regular deer, fall turkey, spring turkey and some scattered long weekends. I know the deer season follows a formula of sorts to predict when the season starts, I was wondering if there are any formulas pertaining to spring/fall turkey season for 2013/2014. Or if anyone KNOWS the starting dates, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

Not to get ahead of the spring hunt, but does anyone know when the Fall Turkey Season starts in 2013? I have to put in my vacation requests this week for the entire 2013-2014 year and much to my wife's chagrin, my vacation requests will coincide with regular deer, fall turkey, spring turkey and some scattered long weekends. I know the deer season follows a formula of sorts to predict when the season starts, I was wondering if there are any formulas pertaining to spring/fall turkey season for 2013/2014. Or if anyone KNOWS the starting dates, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

October 1st for fall turkey and bow for deer in Southern zone.

Here's the link. http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/huntingseasons1213.pdf

Edited by Deerthug

October 1st for fall turkey and bow for deer in Southern zone.

Here's the link. http://www.dec.ny.go...seasons1213.pdf

I should have clarified: "southern zone" however on the fall turkey map I'll be hunting in the dark blue or 8 and 9. I think the date you provided was the 2012 start date for fall turkey. Are those dates the same every year or is there a formula of sorts of the start of season as I mentioned in my first post? Thanks for you help, I appreciate it.

I live in the same dark blue area of the Fall Turkey Season map. Fall season, in those areas, start on the 20th, or so, of October. ( Looking back at 4 prior years) Last year, It was on the 22nd.This years start date would be on the 21th. It is always on a Monday.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

• 1 month later...

Seeing this is a count down I want to remind everyone to be safe and take care...you may not have been out and about up hill and over dale this winter.... so watch your pace and your knees...hills are hell on knees...hearts too...rough terrain on ankles...have fun and don't forget the Thermacell!!

• Like 1