QDMA

NYBuckHunter27

2012 wont be until next years report. Its down from the low 60s about 8 years ago.The reason is agency reports come out much later in the following year.

The last two or three seasons has seen a 5 percent drop, which is huge.

Choices are good.

Please don't tell me what I can shoot unless your paying for the tag, butchering, photo processing and taxidermy.

Yeah I agree, until people get on here and complain that they never shoot a deer bigger than a spike. Just saying if people want changes, it starts with their choices.

Could you re-post some of those ? Because I honestly don't recall a whole lot of them

That's pretty true for this site. Usually, if there is a complaint, its from the people who target bigger bucks and complain that all the small ones are shot or that shooting a spike is less of a trophy to someone else.

Most sites aren't like this though. Some places, people won't even post their kills for fear or ridicule.

What I did see a lot of is...I didn't see any deer.....then again one needs to have a good doe population to see deer don't they?...Those buck aren't birthing fawns

PS...how many of you...based on the last couple of winters predicted this type of winter we're in now?

Edited by growalot

I thought it would hae been a normal or worse winter than average. I feel like we keep rolling the dice and it has to come up snake eyes eventually. Benn quite a while since we had a REAL winter.

Yeah Culver..I remember some REAL winters....

That was back when men were men and so were the women....<<grin>>....

Can't base two days of a usual January thaw on the entire winter...Here we've had weeks of seriously cold temps...before that good deep snow falls...winter isn't just about the snow..... cold windy temps take a toll as well...you picture sitting out in torrential rain falls and then the temp drops 30 degrees in the matter of hours....