If you could move where would you go?

Geno C

Board on the couch figured id see what others would do if the chance to leave NY was an option. Where would you go and why? We all know the thought of getting out on NYS crossed our minds from time to time so where would you want to go?

I'd love to move to Texas, Kansas, Iowa, Ohio. Great deer hunting Ofcoarse , you can find land for a decent price. I'm sure the gun laws are less stricter then ours and I'm sure you can carry in most counties. (have not looked into it, just assuming)

Let's hear it

I wouldn't go anywhere they aren't gonna get off that easy. I LOVE THIS STATE!!!! All of the problems with this state have been created in Albany as a result of ideas that mostly come from NYC. The best idea I ever heard was make NYC its own state and let us have our state back!!! Really, think about we have beautiful landscape, amazing wildlife, excellent waterways. you get used to the snow, it doesn't get to hot in the summer, we don't really get wiped out by hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes. If it weren't for all the idiotic political decisions that have created the unfriendly business environment, high taxes, extreme laws and the list goes on this would probably be the greatest state in America. I'll give you that it is nice to go other places for vacation but I always want to come back to NY.

Edited by noahmstone
  • Like 1

I wouldn't go anywhere they aren't gonna get off that easy. I LOVE THIS STATE!!!! All of the problems with this state have been created in Albany as a result of ideas that mostly come from NYC. The best idea I ever heard was make NYC its own state and let us have out state back!!! Really think about we have beautiful landscape, amazing wildlife, excellent waterways. you get used to the snow, it doesn't get to hot in the summer, we don't really get wiped out by hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes. If it weren't for all the idiotic political decisions that have created the unfriendly business environment, high taxes, extreme laws and the list goes on this would probably be the greatest state in America. I'll give you that it is nice to go other places for vacation but I always want to come back to NY.

I agree , i love having 4 seasons (esp fall and winter) I have been saying for the longest time that nyc politics is ruining this state , prime example is when they wanted to increase the tolls state wide to pay for new bridge in new york city , every bridge in western ny has rebar showing ,but for some reason we ned to rebuild a bridge in nyc before anything else.

Edited by Jeremy K

I wouldn't go anywhere they aren't gonna get off that easy. I LOVE THIS STATE!!!! All of the problems with this state have been created in Albany as a result of ideas that mostly come from NYC. The best idea I ever heard was make NYC its own state and let us have out state back!!! Really think about we have beautiful landscape, amazing wildlife, excellent waterways. you get used to the snow, it doesn't get to hot in the summer, we don't really get wiped out by hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes. If it weren't for all the idiotic political decisions that have created the unfriendly business environment, high taxes, extreme laws and the list goes on this would probably be the greatest state in America. I'll give you that it is nice to go other places for vacation but I always want to come back to NY.

I started out thinking the same way, and still do in part. What tipped me over the edge was when I realized that I could live in SD in a house that was valued the same as the one I have now, and if I paid up front the same $ amount in property taxes as I have in NY in the last 6 years, I wouldn't have to pay them again for about 50 - 60 years.

I would have a real difficult time answering that question and don't think I haven't thought about it.

I keep typing then backspacing as my mind is a fuzzy trying to come up with a witty answer to the question but just can't do it.

Wellsboro PA wouldn't be the worst choice. I sure enjoy my visits there but the one buck/hunting season knocks it out of contention. (seriously)

• Like 1

I wouldn't go anywhere they aren't gonna get off that easy. I LOVE THIS STATE!!!! All of the problems with this state have been created in Albany as a result of ideas that mostly come from NYC. The best idea I ever heard was make NYC its own state and let us have our state back!!! Really, think about we have beautiful landscape, amazing wildlife, excellent waterways. you get used to the snow, it doesn't get to hot in the summer, we don't really get wiped out by hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes. If it weren't for all the idiotic political decisions that have created the unfriendly business environment, high taxes, extreme laws and the list goes on this would probably be the greatest state in America. I'll give you that it is nice to go other places for vacation but I always want to come back to NY.

I agree 100%... I love NY myself!! Always loved going upstate my whole life, heck I'd love to even move up there. Never been to any of the states I listed actually. I've always been an island vacationer so I never got to see many other states. Unfortunately here, the Albany idiots pass bills and laws that affect ALL of NY and I don't see NyC becoming its own state in my lifetime.

NY = 8.2% unemployment.

ND = 3.2%

SD = 4.4%

The Mercatus Institute's "Freedom in the 50 States" has NY ranked dead last.

I agree 100%... I love NY myself!! Always loved going upstate my whole life, heck I'd love to even move up there.

In the next year or two I'll have a 2006 built 2100 sq/ft (plus nearly finished basement) colonial on 48 acres for sale if you want it. Minutes from the NYS Thruway, tillable land leased to a crop farmer, bordering County land, teeming with wildlife. Super efficient boiler, radiant floor heat, steel roof and great neighbors. It'll be the one with the sign out front that says "For sale due to Cuomo". I'll even put in a good word for you where I work, maybe you can get my job to go along with my house. I wish I was joking.

Edited by covert

Id prefer to live farther up north in ny on land I could hunt on. Unfortunately even working in Westchester doesn't even come close to the pay in nyc.

If I didn't have to work, tough question. So many great states out west with multiple species of game.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

NY = 8.2% unemployment.

ND = 3.2%

SD = 4.4%

The Mercatus Institute's "Freedom in the 50 States" has NY ranked dead last.

In the next year or two I'll have a 2006 built 2100 sq/ft (plus nearly finished basement) colonial on 48 acres for sale if you want it. Minutes from the NYS Thruway, tillable land leased to a crop farmer, bordering County land, teeming with wildlife. Super efficient boiler, radiant floor heat, steel roof and great neighbors. It'll be the one with the sign out front that says "For sale due to Cuomo". I'll even put in a good word for you where I work, maybe you can get my job to go along with my house. I wish I was joking.

Lol!!

I'd love to just get off the island, period .. I just can't understand why it's so expensive on the island and all it does is goes up and up without control. I would rather have alot of land of I'm paying these taxes, 0.5 acre ain't cutting it.

• Like 1

Lol!!

I'd love to just get off the island, period .. I just can't understand why it's so expensive on the island and all it does is goes up and up without control. I would rather have alot of land of I'm paying these taxes, 0.5 acre ain't cutting it.

I feel u. I will never pay $1MM for a crummy old house built in 1894 on 1/8th acre n pay $25k in taxes.

C'mon Geno you don't like payin 11grand for taxes and not getting your street plowed for three days?

11 grand, sounds like a condo. The maintenance/common charges cover them cleaning your parking lot, no?

Man guys this has come up alot amongst friends and family since the big re-election alot. I can tell you if I leave NY its not going to be to another state its out of the country. ONe thing is keeping me here and that is family heritage. That is it. SInce the re-election of the great one into office I have had a friend pack up and move to Nicaragua where he bought an established coffee plantation for what we here in the USA would call dirt cheap. I have another one that is taking a 6 months at a time visiting different areas out of the usa to decide where his final resting place is going to be. Another one just sold all his stuff and is heading for ND by end of the month. If you do alot of research some of these places like Nicaragua are "undeveloped" vacation areas. They are being bought into right now cheap for future investments. People cant afford the luxury of Jamaica,Cancun and the likes for vacations and are heading to these places with just as much scenery but lack of development. Myself I have always been drawn to the glamour of New Zealand but have not looked into the taxes, health care or financials as Im afraid it will just entise me a bit more.

Man guys this has come up alot amongst friends and family since the big re-election alot. I can tell you if I leave NY its not going to be to another state its out of the country. ONe thing is keeping me here and that is family heritage. That is it. SInce the re-election of the great one into office I have had a friend pack up and move to Nicaragua where he bought an established coffee plantation for what we here in the USA would call dirt cheap. I have another one that is taking a 6 months at a time visiting different areas out of the usa to decide where his final resting place is going to be. Another one just sold all his stuff and is heading for ND by end of the month. If you do alot of research some of these places like Nicaragua are "undeveloped" vacation areas. They are being bought into right now cheap for future investments. People cant afford the luxury of Jamaica,Cancun and the likes for vacations and are heading to these places with just as much scenery but lack of development. Myself I have always been drawn to the glamour of New Zealand but have not looked into the taxes, health care or financials as Im afraid it will just entise me a bit more.

Maybe if you don't have kids. I plan to have kids someday and don't think I want to raise them in some 3rd world country.