TC Encore ML setup

WNYBuckHunter

Hey guys, I have a chance at a 50 cal ML barrel for my Encore. I was told it is a 209 barrel and does not have the speed breech. The price seems pretty good, but I am just not sure if this barrel is a good one or not as I have zero ML experience. Id like to hear from someone with more ML experience and what their thoughts are. Thanks.

If it's a T/C barrel and can accept 209 primers I wouldn't have any reason to think it wasn't good unless the barrel was abused or not taken care of by the prior owner.  T/C makes good products and I surely wouldn't worry that it doesn't have one of those newer easier to remove breech plugs.  It will most likely shoot just the same.

My uncle has a T/C Encore muzzleloader and is no doubt a good gun, but it surely weighs a lot more than other muzzleloader out there these days.

How much is he asking?. I have and encore and the old style breech. As long as you lube ti I have never had a problem spinning it out. Let's face it....you remove it to clean it and hw much extra time are you spending to spin it out. the breech plug is a 7/16" so when I have it on the bench I use a rachet with an extension and is makes very short work of it. I keep my 2 piece wrench in my possibles bag incase I ever have to remove in the field but in 3 years I haven't had to.

is it from an encore or the pro hunter? I do want to get the power handle rod though. makes loading much easier. I think the prohunter barrels came with it standard.

If you can get both go for it.I have not killed a deer with the ML yet.But I do enjoy shooting it.I like to fire 3 shots and clean the barrel,My gun is about an inch high at 75 yards.Maybe this well be my year.By all means if it is a good price go for it.

Its an Encore barrel, not the Pro-Hunter. It comes with the forend, which I need anyway because mine is currently in pistol configuration. He wasnts a good price for the forend, barrel and a Bushnell scope on top. Ill just have to get a stock. I dont mind a gun thats a little on the heavy side. A little less recoil and better accuracy.

Hey guys, I have a chance at a 50 cal ML barrel for my Encore. I was told it is a 209 barrel and does not have the speed breech. The price seems pretty good, but I am just not sure if this barrel is a good one or not as I have zero ML experience. Id like to hear from someone with more ML experience and what their thoughts are. Thanks.

WHOA.... you're givin' up on the .260?  ???

No way! Why would I give up on my tack driver? I can interchange them with like 3 screws anytime I want. ;)

I just want to get out for that last week. I have also run across 2 people that wouldnt let me hunt because I shoot that gun. They dont like the idea of a rifle round I guess.

No way! Why would I give up on my tack driver? I can interchange them with like 3 screws anytime I want. :)

I just want to get out for that last week. I have also run across 2 people that wouldnt let me hunt because I shoot that gun. They dont like the idea of a rifle round I guess.

ATTA' BOY !!!

To me there's no better round for shootin' whitetails!

Oh Oh... I'm not meaning to hijack this thread - just my opinion.