Reminder

If I understand correctly, we have two days (today and tomorrow) left to make private firearm sales without background

checks. If you buying/selling/trading to do....best get to it! Background checks for private sales go into effect on Friday, March 15.

If I understand correctly, we have two days (today and tomorrow) left to make private firearm sales without background

checks. If you buying/selling/trading to do....best get to it! Background checks for private sales go into effect on Friday, March 15.

Early, Have you seen anything outlining the process for after the 15th?

Early, Have you seen anything outlining the process for after the 15th?

Wondering about that myself. How does it work? If I sell you a gun, I guess we go to a gun dealer and they do it ? Do we both have to go ? Can dealers refuse to do them??? WTF

I believe I read that both have to go together. I guress if the people were on opposite ends of the state the buyer could go to a FFL and get a background check run. Once the FFL confirms that the check was passed I would think you could then actually ship to FFL for the transfer. That is the only way I see it working , but who knows? Typical cart before the horse.

In that case have a Knight Revolution Muzzleloader up for sale.  New Never fired popped a cap to make sure it went off.  no powder or bullets thats up to you to decide.  have primers, primer carriers, and some random 50cal loading and cleaning accessories. $200 PM me can get photos Herkimer to Rome area.

How would buying a gun ( such as a bolt action deer rifle) from a private seller out of state work now? Do out of state laws apply? Does it require a NICS check?

i think what happens in ny stays in ny. if its face to face out of state its that states laws that apply. if its gunbroker it always been through an ffl. $25 dollars and up for an ffl transfer for gunbroker. $10 for a private sale? yea right. good luck finding an ffl that will do that.

• Like 2