dicks sporting goods man shoots self

mtbuck

i have a feeling this is going to change the fact that dicks sells guns and ammo

it happened at the dicks around the corner from me in fairless hills pa  guy went into store and asked to see a shotgun when the clerk pulls it out of the case to show him the guy pulls a handgun and demands the clerk take the lock off the gun , grabs a box of ammo and goes into the bathroom where he shot and killed himself . it turns out this is not this guys first standoff with the cops and he was once committed to a mental hospital,  waiting to hear if they say how he got the handgun.

i have a feeling this is going to change the fact that dicks sells guns and ammo

it happened at the dicks around the corner from me in fairless hills pa  guy went into store and asked to see a shotgun when the clerk pulls it out of the case to show him the guy pulls a handgun and demands the clerk take the lock off the gun , grabs a box of ammo and goes into the bathroom where he shot and killed himself . it turns out this is not this guys first standoff with the cops and he was once committed to a mental hospital,  waiting to hear if they say how he got the handgun.

I'm wondering why he needed to "steal" the shotgun when he already had a handgun on him??  No ammo in the handgun perhaps? Feel bad for the Dick's clerk. Nevertheless, another one that we taxpayers don't have to foot the bill.

• Like 2

That is pretty rough to be standing in front of a rack of firearms and have one pulled on you.

I guess the part of the safe act which monitors mentally ill gun owners hasn't taken hold, Buuut was the handgun registered to that coward???? I wonder if the media will divulge such info. If he wasn't permitted to carry/own that weapon who's gonna be the next unarmed citizen to take crap from another coward?

Ooops! I started rambling and forgot this incident took place in PA. Yes he took the cowards way out, but he was obviously under mental distress. Atleast he didn't shoot anyone else. He could've been a contributing, taxpaying member of society, but just came to a bad spot in his life???

Dicks might be changing a few things after that!

Reminds me of Gander Mtn. here in Broome Co. They got sued after they sold a vietnamese guy a handgun and he went and shot 13 people down at the American Civic Assoc. in Binghamton. a few years ago. All because someone there commented on his lack of English dialect.

Edited by PREDATE

Was it even a real handgun?

A guy my dad went to school with went into a gunshop and bought a shotgun and 1 shell, went out in the car and shot himself.  Not sure what the dealer expected to happen when the guy only wanted 1 shell but I knew the dealer for quite awhile before he went out and I absolutely believe he'd sell someone a single round.  He was a little weird himself.

how do you even buy one shell? and if you're offing yourself, does a few extra bucks for a box really bother you?

Wouldn't think so but who knows, maybe that's all he could afford.  It happened like 50 years ago.