Baby Cardinal

10 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My wife lost her mom last year and believes that cardinals are her visiting. Well they built a nest in the hydrangea right outside her office window. Pretty cool! Theres a robins nest in there every year but this year its cardinals emoji1745.png 3f88132e870852c15a1ad469dcb8685e.jpg

ec96b4bb1999934549deca6a6196b20d.jpg

6facdc709f9300b62734fb11c44b99ac.jpg

Similar situation happened to me too ..never ever before have we had them always robins , lost my eldest uncle this April and a family of cardinals living in my rose of Sharon outside our kitchen window appears  I've had many cups of coffee and shed lots of tears with these red wonders .

• Like 2

When we bought our house we had a psychotic cardinal for 3 years.  He would attack the windows constantly.  Drove the cats nuts.  He'd sit on the side of my at first Honda Civic, then Silverado and pack at himself in the side view mirrors.  Left a streak of crap down the side of passenger side doors.  We called him Sharpie and hypothesized about which relatives it was.  Miss that bird.  Not the constant car washing though.

• Like 2

My mom loved cardinals.  The day she passed in 2004 we had a male cardinal fly repeatedly into the living room window.  

Bought our current home in 2018. Every spring, there is a male cardinal that repeatedly flies into our garage window where my smoker is parked. My smoker has been named Elizabeth Ann in honor of my mom since I purchased it in 2014.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, left field said:

One of my favourite artists is Charley Harper, who had a great affection for cardinals. 

image.thumb.png.68e0cb8badf6345f42e6b8c3ae56fd08.png

image.thumb.png.38f5782b648ec886604adf710fb2e0dc.png

His lithographs and prints are pretty affordable if you're looking for a gift to honour your MiL.

This is great, thank you! Ill find something on here for her

https://www.charleyharperartstudio.com/

• Like 1