Dropped that coyote

Irregardless to the yote. I guess my point would be if I was 12 and learning the ropes of hunting this thread would make me think that its ok to shoot a yote out of season and if it's ok to do that why not a deer and so on...  Leads to bad hunting and life morals in a way.

Just a bad look. But hey thats just me. I guess.

This thread should just be deleted. Lol.. :russian:

• Like 1

looking toward my house. I have 2 house cats and am always worried that the coyotes will get them.  I grabbed my shotgun.  leveled the shotgun and let him have it. He hit the ground

Looking towards your house?

I bet those outdoor "house"cats look a might tasty to a redtail or goshawk! Shoot one of those and you might as well kiss your wife and kids and tell them daddy won't be home for a few years.

Reporting an illegally taken animal is not a choice, but rather an obligation.

I could care less what it is, frogs, shad, kill a snake, foul hook a fish, or the f'n scourge of the woods, try me.

This is a hunting site, not a point and shoot site. We have an obligation to care for our sport and nature so that it can be passed on to our children.

I get that the original post seems out of the ordinary, but it's a shame to read all the hoorahs and high fives just because it was a coyote.

• Like 2

Irregardless to the yote. I guess my point would be if I was 12 and learning the ropes of hunting this thread would make me think that its ok to shoot a yote out of season and if it's ok to do that why not a deer and so on...  Leads to bad hunting and life morals in a way.

Just a bad look. But hey thats just me. I guess.

This thread should just be deleted. Lol.. :russian:

I keep seeing this "impressionable youth" argument in threads, like this board is here to educate our kids. How many 12 year olds are actually on this forum? I haven't seen any that post regularly.

• Like 1

I keep seeing this "impressionable youth" argument in threads, like this board is here to educate our kids. How many 12 year olds are actually on this forum? I haven't seen any that post regularly.

Maybe the 12 year olds would also learn something about having all the facts before calling someone a poacher....Na..nevermind.

Theres a few threads right now that states people are new to hunting an this forum.

But hey what ever floats your guys boats ill read about it in the paper lol.

Edited by HuntOrBeHunted

Leave it to you to stick up for illegal hunting. Lol. CooooooooL

Really? Where did I do that? I did point out that there are areas (States) that are open 365 and you guys have no idea where this guy is from. So before you get on a high horse and call a guy a poacher you should perobably have all the info.  But at least we know where you stand. Poaching is bad but slander is OK. gotcha.

What ever you say doctor know it all lol. 

This thread turned into another one of them let me pick your words apart and try an go back an forth like a 6 year old.

It's a bad look for the site and people on it, not like many seem to care.

I'm done here. Nexttt

you're the only self-righteous one here.

You got this voted up, congrats. Its like being safe with a gun, you have to think abstractly. Many people cannot, that's why in the past 48 hours a 5 year old shot a middle aged women and in a separate incident a 4 year old shot a 6 year old. You have to recognize the possibilities and coordinate your actions toward those possibilities... There are very strong possibilities minors will now or in the future read what you post...  It wasn't the guns or the children that caused these deaths, it was the negligence of overconfident  adults who due to that cockiness where unable to think about the possibilities...

• Like 2

So what exactly do impressionable youth have to do with this thread again? So far, I havent seen anyone say that breaking the law is fine, or provide any proof that what the OP did was illegal. We have yet to discover where the coyote was shot.

ASS..U..ME

I don't know. There are some very moral people on this board that feel every post may be critiqued and read by a young child and those of us who say it "doesn't really matter" that this coyote was killed are doing them a disservice. I'm assuming these same people who are upset about it teach boyscout shooting camps, volunteer their time teaching hunter safety and what not so it's ok for them to feel how they do.