Law Firm: New York Matching Up Private Health Records With Gun Permits to Confiscate Firearms

This is just getting scarey !!!!!!!!

http://directorblue.blogspot.ca/2013/04/law-firm-new-york-matching-up-private.html

A interview with Jim Tresmond.

http://www.wben.com/Multimedia-Feed-for-Tom-Bauerle-Show/9582293?audioType=Episode&audioId=6319907

Edited by HectorBuckBuster

cant say im surpurised about any of this. one way or another we the people will be stripped of our firearms. and then NYS will have the highest amount of mentallly unstable people in the country. because everyone will be labeled as a mental health risk

It's a free country.  You're free to do what ever they let you do.  And they don't want to let you own 90% of the guns you currently own.  They will soon be coming for those 90%, while they keep telling you they are not infringing on your 2nd Amendment rights!

Gun owners that don't believe it, or don't join the NRA, are the ones who are to blame for it.

• Like 2

Can't be hammening. members on here have said they will never come to confiscate your guns so we must be imagining this. Now how likely is a person that is in need of this type of treatment going to be to seek it?

Been hearing crickets lately

Arn't there some psychiatric medications that are used to also treat non psychiatric problems ? 

I am sure we must have sone on this forum that are in the Medical professions.

Aparently there is no due process so it must not matter what the treatment is for. "turn them in, you are guilty and you know it" ...."And if you aren't we are hoping you can't afford an attorney to get them back"

It's just such an obvious back door gun grab. They think we are idiots........This is not a cop bash..but how many Police officers, State Troopers, Sheriff's DEA agents etc....are on or have been on a drug that would fall into the same category?

Wow, this is great news. I am thinking this may give more ammo on the NY Safe Act lawsuit now. Great for Mr Tresmond

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/erie/police-wrongly-pulled-mans-gun-permit

Wow, great news.  The Man made a mistake, wrong guy.

Now some other poor son of a bitch is going to get a knock on THEIR door.

Lovely.

Who's next, me? You?  Your father? Best friend?  I guess we'll just have to wait and see..........................

• Like 1

Wow, this is great news. I am thinking this may give more ammo on the NY Safe Act lawsuit now. Great for Mr Tresmond

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/erie/police-wrongly-pulled-mans-gun-permit

And now the big question ...... What exactly is his legal recourse for compensation for inconvenience, mental trauma, anxiety, public embarrassment, etc.? Who can he legally go after for this mistake and intrusion into his life? Does he have any civil options for punitive redress because of this gross incompetency and potentially malicious action. I'm willing to bet that no such action is available to him.

Well here is another article on it. Everyone should go over to Facebook and like Tresmond Law. It appears they have the COunty Clerk blaming the state police, and the state police are saying its the county clerk to blame. All I hope is the Tresmond has all the evidence to hammer who every did it. I would think this would even look better for the lawsuit and throwing out the NY Safe Act, because it has many flaws. So where did this information come from a doctor? Seems like federal laws was also broken.

AMHERST, NY -- It could be the first foul up involving the state's new gun legislation. Who's to blame? That's still being hashed out.

The attorney for a Western New York gun owner who was told to surrender his pistol permit because of the SAFE Act says his client will get his guns back. The Erie County Clerk is now blaming New York State Police for making the mistake that could have cost the 35-year-old librarian his gun collection.

"Who messed this up?" asked Channel 2's Kelly Dudzik.

"I think that first and foremost, it stems from a flawed law that was passed so quickly without forethought on how something would be implemented. Certainly, I am disappointed on the fact that we were given information from State Police that this was an individual that we needed to act immediately on," says Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs.

That individual is David Lewis. He is a 35-year-old college librarian. His attorney says he has an anxiety-related medical issue which prompted a doctor to prescribe him medication. Lewis owned seven guns until he received a letter from Jacobs' office. That letter told Lewis the New York State Police wanted the County Clerk to suspend his pistol license right away.

"They made the mistake. They handed the mistake to us, to our local judges, and it's really disappointing that they're not standing up and taking responsibility here," says Jacobs.

Jacobs feels the State Police are targeting his office, which he says only serves an administrative role when it comes to enforcement of the SAFE Act.

New York State Police issued a statement Wednesday saying "No guns are being taken because an individual is on anti-anxiety medication" and refused to answer our questions or do an interview.

"Are State Police trying to blame your office?" asked Dudzik.

"Yeah, I think they're saying that it's myself or the Supreme Court judge who's assigned to this that it's our fault, but they were the ones that gave us the information. We're not privy to any of that mental health information that they had and that's what they acted on to send this dictate down to us," says Jacobs.

Jacobs showed us an email indicating a State Police sergeant followed up with his office to make sure the guns were turned in.

Wednesday night, Jacobs said in a news release that the information he got from police about the man in question was incorrect.

"Somebody is not being exactly honest," says James Tresmond who is the attorney representing Lewis.

Tresmond tells us that someone along the way felt his client's personal medical information fell under the reportable mental health provision of the SAFE Act.

"It's negligence on either the State Police or Erie County Clerk's Office. Someone was negligent if my client has been put through this ringer," says the attorney.

Tresmond still plans on filling a lawsuit, but will not say how much he plans on suing for in federal court. He says it will be the maximum, and he doesn't know who he will sue until he knows exactly who is to blame for suspending his client's pistol permit.

"Has he gotten his guns back yet?" asked Dudzik.

"No, but we will get them back. They are his property," says Tresmond.

In order to get his guns back, Lewis still has to go to a hearing in front of a judge.

The Erie County Clerk says he typically sees the State Police as good partners, but he blames them for this mistake.

Edited by HectorBuckBuster