Suggestion - DEBATE Forum!

Cabin Fever

The most I have done as a Mod is to help with organizing and cleaning up the forums. I havent edited posts or anything. Most forums that I go to that are truly enjoyable, you have a set of rules, mostly saying "no cursing" or "no personal attacks" and things like that, and the Mods dont do much other than move topics, lock classified threads after things have been sold, etc. Rarely do they get involved in arguments between members and when they do, its through private messages, not openly in the forum. Otherwise, things are left to peter out on their own, which they usually do.

John, Ill send you a couple of examples of sets of rules to give you ideas if you want to set some general guidelines or something like that.

The most I have done as a Mod is to help with organizing and cleaning up the forums. I havent edited posts or anything. Most forums that I go to that are truly enjoyable, you have a set of rules, mostly saying "no cursing" or "no personal attacks" and things like that, and the Mods dont do much other than move topics, lock classified threads after things have been sold, etc. Rarely do they get involved in arguments between members and when they do, its through private messages, not openly in the forum. Otherwise, things are left to peter out on their own, which they usually do.

John, Ill send you a couple of examples of sets of rules to give you ideas if you want to set some general guidelines or something like that.

Exactly what I was eluding to !!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not put the noose around our neck with a bunch of ridiculous rules where the moderators become the "bad guys".

Like; 10 things to know about discussions, forum etiquette or here's the white lines - stay between them.

I AM an idiot, so I did not know previously there were forum rules of etiquette before I searched for such a thing.

Seemed to be pretty common sense stuff, what I found.

Interesting, did find out what a Troll was!!! LOL

i see this topic heading the same direction no offence...

i think it adds alittle to the forum as far as those posts are concerned. i liek to see how other hunters aside from myself view things and what they have to say. not everyone will agree and not everyone hunts the same so i like to see these different views, EVEN if i dont agree with some of them.

not  in a negative way but you do have the right to not get invloved and let the guys piss around you know.

i liek to see how other hunters aside from myself view things and what they have to say. not everyone will agree and not everyone hunts the same so i like to see these different views, EVEN if i dont agree with some of them.

Agree with you 100%!!!

I don't offer opinions for topics where I have none or ones that may not effect me!!

Do look at them anyways in hopes of forming an opinion or learning something.

Discussions or debates are great, love reading them all. Even if I am neutral!

But when they digress to arguing, name calling, chest beating, etc. - individuals and the entire topic lose credibility.

When this happens it is a non-productive, ineffective and ends up more of a gang brawl than a discussion.

No I'm not going to stay home just because it's your ball and I'm not invited to play.

yup, there are plenty of topics i stay out of because i just don't feel like getting into it or im on here for other reasons and have no time to chime in. either way i do not feel obligated to chime in and follow ALL the threads started.

i think we are all a good group of guys and for the most part we ALL have our own out looks on the wonderful world of hunting. its normal and i dont think theres a whole heck of alot of chest beating going on around here. just a bunch of guys trying to mesh and talk shop about the one thing we are all on here to do ----------- "HUNTING"

Well , for one thing , you know a topic is ging to be controversial when it starts out , " I don't want to start anything , but .........." .

:::cough cough::::

You neglected to turn your head aside, when the Doc(tor) told you to cough.