Found a pot field while hunting...

G-Hunter

It is a matter for the cops. If they feel it is an insignificant situation, they will simply ignore your call. I have a feeling they will take it very seriously and will make an attempt to apprehend the growers. If you have a GPS and can supply the coordinates, they would probably appreciate that.

I  just have to ask...was this YOUR land, private land or state land this bog is on?

This was state land.  Judging (and I hate to judge which is why I'm asking first) by your name, do you grow a lot of weed?  lol just wondering... if so then keep it on your own land!

A little weed never hurt anyone. I certainly wouldn't destroy someone else hard work

It did look like a sophisticated operation Belo.  Upwards near 60 plants (2 in each pot) and fencing built around each plant (for deer prevention I'm guessing?)

I gotta be honest it was impressive, now that I think about it I almost feel bad I shot at the plants because I suppose it wasn't doing much harm to anyone...  just the way I was brought up pretty much.  Was always taught pot growers are bad people lol

I'm fine - heard it before, used it before, but there is a time and place for it.

Open, public family areas are not it.

Most are smart enough not to do so like in a restaurant store or any other public place, but obviously a few are not.

Shame you don't understand and probably never will.

You are the one needing the basket - let us know where to send it.

I wasn't aware children were using the site Stevo, my apologies.  I behave in public settings especially around children, if I had known that 10 year olds were chatting online (which I don't condone without parental supervision) then I would've made the title more suitable for their eyes to read.  

I understand your tone, and would like it if you calmed down a little bit.  I offered you a basket out of sheer love, wasn't expecting such hatred in return ;(

You can send the basket to:

44 western ave

Latham, NY 12110

Thanks again, and please - no poison!  ;)

If you run around looking for trouble. it will find you!

I can't say you did the wrong thing, but sometimes ignorance is bliss. Now if you had just went back to your hunting you might not have gotten so upset.

Now the police have no evidence and who knows, "The Bad People" may have been so sophisticated to get you on a trailcam or got your info from your vehicle regristration while you were ransacking their whole years crop. So what if "The Bad People" know where you live and what you look like? What if they read your previous post which includes your address?

This is what I mean by looking for trouble.

Edited by PREDATE

If you run around looking for trouble. it will find you!

I can't say you did the wrong thing, but sometimes ignorance is bliss. Now if you had just went back to your hunting you might not have gotten so upset.

Now the police have no evidence and who knows, "The Bad People" may have been so sophisticated to get you on a trailcam or got your info from your vehicle regristration while you were ransacking their whole years crop. So what if "The Bad People" know where you live and what you look like? What if they read your previous post which includes your address?

This is what I mean by looking for trouble.

The evidence was all over the place when I got through with them, plus they can take the root balls if need-be and make an entire case based off of that.  I've seen stories of guys being brought up on federal charges because the forgot to burn their root balls!  

And there's no risk on my end, How would they know what name I am on huntingny.com?  And how would they track me down based off a trail cam even if they obtained by face with a crystal clear photo?  I don't drive to my locations so the plates arent available for them.  That's obviously not my real address posted above, it was to spite who I was responding to as a joke.  This is what I mean by there is no risk.

This was state land.  Judging (and I hate to judge which is why I'm asking first) by your name, do you grow a lot of weed?  lol just wondering... if so then keep it on your own land!

What an idiotic statement to a very simple question....Did you forget what site your on?...It's a hunting site and many hunters manage their lands and GROW food plots not pot. Now if you want to be flippant with me at least put an effort into it not being  nonsensical.

What an idiotic statement to a very simple question....Did you forget what site your on?...It's a hunting site and many hunters manage their lands and GROW food plots not pot. Now if you want to be flippant with me at least put an effort into it not being  nonsensical.

This is a family site, please keep the language at bay Growalotofweed.  Calling people idiots will get you banned.  I realize people grow crops I'm a hunter who grows crops as well, it was a joke.  While tone isn't recognized through text I'll forgive you this one time.... but have some sense before you respond to any posts on this site.  Thank you.

I wasn't aware children were using the site Stevo, my apologies.  I behave in public settings especially around children, if I had known that 10 year olds were chatting online (which I don't condone without parental supervision) then I would've made the title more suitable for their eyes to read.  

I understand your tone, and would like it if you calmed down a little bit.  I offered you a basket out of sheer love, wasn't expecting such hatred in return ;(

You can send the basket to:

44 western ave

Latham, NY 12110

Thanks again, and please - no poison!   ;)

I don't get it, you post your address then follow up with that's not my real address. You dont drink and your all hostile over this pot field you find on state land...?  Take my advice, forget the pot field and get on with your life.

Edited by sits in trees

I don't get it, you post your address then follow up with that's not my real address. You dont drink and your all hostile over this pot field you find on state land...?  Take my advice, forget the pot field and get on with your life.

Yeah I posted the address as a joke for him to send the gift basket to, did you want me to put down my real address?  Would you put down your real address?  Exactly.  I'm not hostile over the pot field if you read the first post I asked people for their stories because I thought it'd be an interesting topic since I'm not the only one who's ran into these things.  I'm taking your last post as a fare well to this thread, but I'll stay here and listen to what people have to say.  Ta Ta!   xD

This is a family site, please keep the language at bay Growalotofweed. Calling people idiots will get you banned. I realize people grow crops I'm a hunter who grows crops as well, it was a joke. While tone isn't recognized through text I'll forgive you this one time.... but have some sense before you respond to any posts on this site. Thank you.

Calling someone an idiot will not get you banned

You need to bone up on your reading comprehension...not once did I call you an idiot...so if that thought crept into your mind ...well...that's a problem you need to deal with....

As to calling names and getting "banned" not once but twice now you have inferred that I indulge in an illegal activity perhaps you should heed your own advise....defaming someone and then premising it as a joke is a juvenile action at best...

Once again...I asked a simple non confrontational question and you returned with an attempt at character assassination...That said, based on your quote...

I was brought up pretty much.  Was always taught pot growers are bad people

Perhaps you need to adjust YOUR Attitude...

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

-Bob Marley.

It did look like a sophisticated operation Belo.  Upwards near 60 plants (2 in each pot) and fencing built around each plant (for deer prevention I'm guessing?)

I gotta be honest it was impressive, now that I think about it I almost feel bad I shot at the plants because I suppose it wasn't doing much harm to anyone...  just the way I was brought up pretty much.  Was always taught pot growers are bad people lol

they can be very bad on the environment. If they're leaving garbadge behind. funneling water away from streams and using the wrong kind of fertilizers. I've seen stories of gas leaked into the soil from generators and batteries left behind. I guess my point was that most weed growers and sellers are not the "bad guys" you see selling meth and coke. Heck, 2 states have legalized the stuff. If anything I would have called the cops instead of just wrecking it. A respectful pot grower is just another food plotter with different intentions ;)

Memo to self...Keep this years crop off the state land. Maybe over near the Joe Martin farm would be a good spot!    Gotta say i have never heard of the root balls thing!

Yep, they caught a guy after he cut his crop down 2 years ago and brought the 200 root balls he left in the field in for testing.  It tested positive for cannabis and he was charged with a felony charge.  If you grow burn/bury that stuff lol