aluminum shooters?

TeeBugg

Ever since the days after my recurves and port orford cedar arrows, I switched to aluminums, and never found any need to use anything else. Over the years, I have accumulated so many aluminum arrows that I will never have to buy another one.

post-11-0-25735600-1367750938_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Little over 60. I like shooting heavy logs!

I agree that a lot of carbon shafts are too light for my taste. I last shot 2213 Easton Super Slams but made the switch to carbon way back when Gametracker was the only carbon game in town. That company sure did go a long way from their original product the gametracking string.

Today I prefer the smaller diameter (17/64 + 18/64 inch) Easton 340 carbon shafts that go 9.5 grains per inch where with a 100 grain point you can still achieve arrow weights in excess of 400 grains. 

Today manufacturers are speed crazy and that is their main selling point.  As a result hunters who like a heavier carbon arrow are getting less choices.

Ive got a bunch of the 2413 and some other sizes i cant recall off the top of my head. Ive switched beforr to carbon but for some reason always find my way back to aluminum. I limit my shots to 30 yards so fast and light dont really intrigue me lol

Easton 2118s here.  I tried Grizzly Stik Sitkas and Easton Flatlines and didn't feel they were as durable as everyone makes them out to be so I went back to alyoominnieum.  The Grizzly Stiks flew like a dart and the Flatlines were speedy but I just didn't like them.  Plus when I knicked one of the Flatlines and spent two days digging carbon splinters out of my hand after pulling it from the target I decided I liked aluminum more.

• 5 weeks later...

do not change from the large hole size for alum, it works even better than the med size hole for carbon, less drag on the vanes and less ware on the fletch. I have 4 bows setup with the largee hole size, 2 3D bows setups and two hunting bows. Lots think it crazy to use a WB for 3D, but I keep on coming in at the top 10%^ of the shooters at my age of 71. Love the ease of use of the WB, set it up and forget it, it follows the kiss ? that is keep it simple stupid way of doing things...

• Like 1

I shot aluminum from about 92 until about three years ago, when I got the new bow I went to carbon. I never even see aluminum arrows in stores anymore. Only one of my hunting buddies still uses them.

My old Easton 2317's found a lot of hide and always worked well.

• 2 weeks later...