Above Ground Pools

Five Seasons

I had a house we were buying last year fall through and it had an awesome inground. House we ended up with has neither. We had sort of fallen in love with the idea but can't afford an inground. What have some of you paid in the Rochester area for an aboveground not including deck or landscaping? Any shops you recommend?

I bought from Ace in Webster. I had a good experience with them.I bought an oval with none of those sloping braces. I had to squeeze it in a narrow spot.this was about 14 years ago I don't remember what I paid.

I know a guy who installs pools, he's very good but only does the " west side" . This time of year he 's booked pretty solid though.

Deck , two guys at work knocked out in one day and another did my electric.

Edited by Larry302

I have one of those ghetto pools to see if I like having a pool.  LOVE'd it so much, going to toss it up again this year. I'd love to get a real above ground in a year or two if money allows.  And I stuck to the BBB method for "pool chemicals", Bleach, Baking Soda and Borax, it was crystal clear for the whole summer. 

7447965904_9a6140db4d_c.jpg

I used a better sand filter too.

7472516796_12e4a6a571_c.jpg

If you dont mind doing the work, you can find them all the time for free on Craigslist. Decks are easy. We plan on putting one in a few years from now, Ill go the Craigslist route. As long as the frame is good, liner is tear free and filter pump works, it wont cost much to put in and get working.

I had a 15x26 oval above ground put in 13 years ago. I bult the deck so it spread the entire one side and has the feel of an inground when onthe deck. You WILL need to either have restricted acces  to the pool. (fence, non climbing railing or a ladder that latches up).

I had Northeastern put it in and while is has held up very well ( original liner and second pump) It was a nightmare to stay on them to get everything right. Not very professional and their attention to detail sucked.

I got the 48" side walls becasuse an oval can't be dished out for added depth due to the cross staps under the pool. Since my daughter was very young then and the water was over her head, we opted for the wedding cake style stairs. It gave her a nice place to rest, sit and play.

if the sides are 42" tall you don't need fencing but he deck has to have a self closing/self latching gate leading to it. (or one of those ladders that go up) My deck is 2 levels. one at about 12" above the ground then from there, stairs up to an upper deck flush with the pool top. I needed a gate and a railing in that scenario  the upper deck