Hunters Out Shopping

fasteddie

I was into Dick's in Webstaer this am . I have about $125 left in Gift Cards and dropped in at the store to see if there were any great bargains . Nothing I really need so I will wait until they have the end of Season Bargains .

Saw a lot of guys in there buying new arrows , blades , sights , releases , etc .. I mean , Bow Season opens this Saturday . All that stuff should have been bought and broken in by now . 

Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if the first shot they let fly is at a deer with those new arrows.    I was @ Dicks Sunday morning, there were just a few guys buying scent stuff and clothing.  I was there and picked up the earth scent dryer sheets for the laundry I did yesterday. 

I stopped in to one yesterday and saw the same thing. What is with people dressed in full camo in the store? We saw a whole family dressed head to toe in camo...I walked by them and noted how I could not see them and got a dirty look..haha

thats real red neck like... lol

I really don't need anything for hunting but my wife never knows what to get me so she gives me Gift Cards . My oldest son always tells her that I need "hunting stuff" . I never should have told him that through my will I am leaving him all my hunting stuff .

There is a good article in PBS (Professional Bowhunters Society) Magazine this quarter, that talks about how Bowhunters are their own worst enemy, and will be the demise of bow hunting as we know it. If we don't police our own ranks. Sadly, many "bow hunters" and I use the term lightly, do not even think about practicing until a couple of weeks before the season starts. Add to that how many probably never tune their bow to their broad heads, they shoot a couple of field tips, then remove, and slap those broad heads on the shaft without a second thought.

There is no place for "CAMO" in public. You don't need to advertise to the bank teller, grocery clerk or anyone else that you are a bow hunter, wear the camo where it belongs, in the woods. No wonder the Anti's hate us, they give a good argument to the non-hunting public. I won't even get into the buffoons on the Outdoor Channel. We have products like: "Maniac", and "Monster", and "Bow Madness" "Dead Down Wind" and "Rage", are we all a bunch of Maniac Monsters in Rage with the animals we hunt, and if we miss we get a case of Bow Madness. This is all ridiculous, bow hunter's and the hunting industry need to wise up, this behavior will not be tolerated forever. 

Turn on the Outdoor Channel and watch "Lips Like a Maserati - If I Only Had a Brain" Nugent.. Whack em and Stack em, in between Wild Game Violations. And the other idiots over celebrating their kills with High Five's, Laugther and Snickering and enough Happy Dancing and Hip Gyration in Stand  that would make Elvis Presley envious, and get you fined if it were the NFL!

Sorry, to me traditional bow hunting is a passion, I am ashamed of most bowhunter's today. I am happy to consider myself not one with that crowd. 

• Like 2

There is a good article in PBS (Professional Bowhunters Society) Magazine this quarter, that talks about how Bowhunters are their own worst enemy, and will be the demise of bow hunting as we know it. If we don't police our own ranks. Sadly, many "bow hunters" and I use the term lightly, do not even think about practicing until a couple of weeks before the season starts. Add to that how many probably never tune their bow to their broad heads, they shoot a couple of field tips, then remove, and slap those broad heads on the shaft without a second thought.

There is no place for "CAMO" in public. You don't need to advertise to the bank teller, grocery clerk or anyone else that you are a bow hunter, wear the camo where it belongs, in the woods. No wonder the Anti's hate us, they give a good argument to the non-hunting public. I won't even get into the buffoons on the Outdoor Channel. We have products like: "Maniac", and "Monster", and "Bow Madness" "Dead Down Wind" and "Rage", are we all a bunch of Maniac Monsters in Rage with the animals we hunt, and if we miss we get a case of Bow Madness. This is all ridiculous, bow hunter's and the hunting industry need to wise up, this behavior will not be tolerated forever. 

Turn on the Outdoor Channel and watch "Lips Like a Maserati - If I Only Had a Brain" Nugent.. Whack em and Stack em, in between Wild Game Violations. And the other idiots over celebrating their kills with High Five's, Laugther and Snickering and enough Happy Dancing and Hip Gyration in Stand  that would make Elvis Presley envious, and get you fined if it were the NFL!

Sorry, to me traditional bow hunting is a passion, I am ashamed of most bowhunter's today. I am happy to consider myself not one with that crowd.

Great post!  There isn't anything I would disagree with.  The only thing I would add is that it's other hunters also with the same mentality, and not only bowhunters.  I know what you mean about some of this lingo.  The "whack em and stack em" term irks me more than any.  You will find quite a few people, even on this forum, who will defend him and others like him until they are blue in the face.  There is absolutely NO way that these clowns could be putting hunting in a positive light to non-hunters with this type of behavior and language.  Absolutely NO way.  I am absolutely dumbfounded that these hunters can't seem to figure this out! 

I agree with the language and dimeanor that hunters use...we need to police our selves. I do disagree with the point of not wearing camo though. I am not ashamed of my sport and have no problem with anyone knowing i partake in it. I will have it on after I hunt and go into a restaurant...etc. .....not going to garb up for a trip to the store but I won't change if I am out. I mean heck.....can't be worse than the crotch of you pants at your knees, the crack of your butt hanging out or a baseball hat on sideways...lol

• Like 1

I don't see a problem with people wearing camo out in public if its something like a hat or shirt.  I do see however where people get upset seeing others dressed in full camo even when a season is not even open.  If someone wants to wear a shirt that is camo and it has a companies name on it I don't see a problem.  They are just supporting that company and what they do.  I sometimes where camo out in public (not fully clothed in it) because I don't care what people think about it.  I'm a hunter and I'm proud of it.  If I wasn't then I wouldn't hunt.  People support there favorite sports teams with a shirt or hat.  Why can't I or anybody else support something they love to do if its done respectfully. 

Wearing camo and being a hunter or wearing a NRA hat is nothing to be ashamed of.  It is something we should all be doing.  I will never hide the fact that I'm a hunter.  Even in the off season people will know that I'm a hunter.  If they are Antis all they have to do is keep away.  If they are non hunters many of them are curious and some will actually start talking to you asking questions about what you love to do.  Many people are just unimformed about what we do and the reasons why we do it.  I wear camo clothing to the airport during the hunting season just cause its that time of year and I'm excited.  I dont hide the fact that I'm a hunter,  I tell people I'm a Hunter!

I don't buy the " no camo in public " . I have a lot of camo clothing that is camo that i don't use for hunting and wear whenever .... I don't feel the need to hide just because someone doen't believe in hunting .

Only once have I ever had anyone in public make a remark about wearing camo and she was just ball bustin' .

The one place I don't want to see hunters wearing their hunting clothes is to a saloon.  I tell you, pass by any rural saloon during hunting season and you will see scores of hunters going in and out of them dressed in their hunting clothes.  Now if anything will give us a bad rap, it's stuff like that.  If your going to drink, drink back at camp, your motel room, home, whatever.  If you want to drink in a bar, put your street clothes on!

i'm not ashamed to wear my camo in public, i'm just a fanatic about putting it back in a bag to keep it as scent free as possible...besides my NRA hat, I have a NRA trailer hitch cover, NRA window sticker and one of those deer head stickers on my pick-up truck - people can tell I hunt...

btw - since were supposed to be talking shoping - i went to dicks at lunch time - they have Tinks $3.00 off per bottle this week

I look at it this way.  Just as I don't want anyone advertising to me with t-shirts or bumper stickers that they are republican, democrat, catholic, jew, protestant, athiest, a member of PETA, black panthers, neo-nazi party, pro-life, pro-choice, or scores of other things, I will return the favor and not advertise that I am a hunter by wearing camo.

Steve,  It would be more of a reason for me to wear camo, but I dont care what someone else believes in.  Its their right and its also our to believe and advertise what we believe in.  They are not seeing it as you returning the favor.

Darn Solon---last two topics we lined up on the same side...lol...people are gonna talk.

Back on the subject though---I do find it alarming that these clowns would buy equipment and take it right out. benefit of the doubt though?....could they have said "I only have 6 arrows and am going to camp for a week and better pick up some backups"...I would hope so...but doubt it

Fairgame, no doubt people are going to wear or advertise what they want.  I surely can't stop them even if I don't care one bit what their stances are on any given topic.  Personally, I just don't care about this kind of stuff.  What people like or dislike or what their political stances are should be their own business.  If anything they will sway me the wrong way with this such advertising, no matter what the subject, thus I won't be the one advertising my own beliefs to anyone.  I think in general more negatives than positives will result from it.

Yeah , these folks with their Pizza Hut , Walmart , Tractor Supply , etc shirts really tick me off . The nerve of them to be wearing those shirts , especially when they are off duty . ')'>alt=Madhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/out_text.gif[/img]

And what about these jokers that wear shirts with Team logos on them . I don't need someone advertising that they are a Vikings fan . The nerve of them !!! alt=screw uhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/pissed.gif[/img]...alt=screw uhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/pissed.gif[/img]...alt=screw uhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/pissed.gif[/img]

• Like 1

I guess my observation touched some of you guys off a bit eh? Obviously I don't go out of my way to wear camo in public, I find it tacky but good for you if you like it. Maybe we could look at it like wearing spandex, you may think to your self, "Damn I look good" while everyone else is giggling at what a fool you look like. I am not ashamed of what I do in any way, I just do not feel any desire to parade around in full camo trying to represent all hunters like I am an ambasador for every one.

Coincidently upon pulling in to the parking lot we had a bet as to which truck had those balls hanging down from the hitch, my wife picked out the truck and was right. It seems the camo and the in your face attitude go hand in hand.

Yeah , these folks with their Pizza Hut , Walmart , Tractor Supply , etc shirts really tick me off . The nerve of them to be wearing those shirts , especially when they are off duty . ')'>alt=Madhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/out_text.gif[/img]

And what about these jokers that wear shirts with Team logos on them . I don't need someone advertising that they are a Vikings fan . The nerve of them !!! alt=screw uhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/pissed.gif[/img]...alt=screw uhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/pissed.gif[/img]...alt=screw uhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/pissed.gif[/img]

The people wearing the shirts of anything you mentioned here are making absolutely NO statement.  There isn't anything controversial with wearing their t-shirts as there would be someone wearing a camo shirt, NRA hat, PETA t-shirt or whether they were pro-life or pro-choice.  Big difference in my opinion.