Rain, rain, and more rain!!!

maytom

Holy smokes, last year we went from winter right into summer, missed the spring altogether. But this year, 20-30 degrees cooler than normal and rain every day or every other!!! Getting a little tried of al the wet weather!!

Holy smokes, last year we went from winter right into summer, missed the spring altogether. But this year, 20-30 degrees cooler than normal and rain every day or every other!!! Getting a little tried of al the wet weather!!

I hear ya Paulie !!

I just saw some old white haired dude with a long beard and a shepherd's hook go marching past leading a whole line of animals two by two....

• Like 2

I planted a couple new trees in the yard about a month ago now.  Watered them a few times during the first week and haven't even gave it a second thought for the past three!

I'd guess we are on the top side of 5" in the past few weeks.

It sure makes for a pain in the azz when the back yard is floaded and the dog STILL wants to chase the damned birds.  She's going to need to be power washed.......................................

• Like 1

I planted a couple new trees in the yard about a month ago now.  Watered them a few times during the first week and haven't even gave it a second thought for the past three!

I'd guess we are on the top side of 5" in the past few weeks.

It sure makes for a pain in the azz when the back yard is floaded and the dog STILL wants to chase the damned birds.  She's going to need to be power washed.......................................

Picks of power washing the dog when u preform this task?

this is bad news for the Turkey nesting season.......the chicks don't do well in cold damp weather.

The timing is the WORST also...A study done on nesting turkeys in NY a few years back indicated that the average hatching date is June 11th...

This weather may be catastrophic for this year's hatch.. The little peeps are vulnerable for about a 3 week period after hatching, before thier down turns to feathers.. If they get wet and chilled, they die from exposure.

All this rain is keeping my water bill down. I had to redo a section of my front lawn, and have only had to water the grass seed 4 or 5 times total. Sure, a section of my back yard is a swamp that I have yet to be able to mow this year, but Ill take a bad patch of lawn over spending money for water any day.

The garbage pick up I dont care, but the water and sewer bills SUCK! The sewer bill gets me everytime, as they bill you based on your water bill. Theres no metering system for the sewer, so they just guess at it. Every time I wash the truck, Im getting double billed. Everytime I water the grass seed and gardens, yep, double billed again! Im looking forward to the day we move back out of the village.

The garbage pick up I dont care, but the water and sewer bills SUCK! The sewer bill gets me everytime, as they bill you based on your water bill. Theres no metering system for the sewer, so they just guess at it. Every time I wash the truck, Im getting double billed. Everytime I water the grass seed and gardens, yep, double billed again! Im looking forward to the day we move back out of the village.

They figure if water comes out the tap, it goes down some sewer, storm or sanitary. I don't miss the sewer tax, but still have city water bill, which run around $50 for 3 months. City water is so much easier than well.