Spare Gear ?

fasteddie

Does anyone else take spare gear along when they hunt ? I keep my release , armguard , quiver in the bowcase with my bow but ...... I have an extra release and armguard buried in the bottom of my backpack . Now if I forget my bow case or backpack , i'm in trouble ! alt=CRY ME A RIVERhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/waaah.gif[/img]

I am living dangerously with absolutely no spare stuff that can be used with my current set-up. I have lot's of releases, but they are a completely different style than what I am using now and I would have to do some major re-accessorizing to use them. I suppose if something catestrophic happened and I couldn't do an immediate replacement, I could pretty quickly ressurect one of my old hunting set-ups. I have 11 bows hanging on the wall that are in shootable shape and all have accompanying releases, arrows, etc. .... Let's just hope I don't ever have to resort to that though..... lol.

Doc

... I have 11 bows hanging on the wall that are in shootable shape and all have accompanying releases, arrows, etc. .... Let's just hope I don't ever have to resort to that though..... lol.

Doc

Just 11? I think you should make it an even Dozen just to be safe in case the other 11 break on the same day.. haha

I am with you Doc, nothing extra for me either.

Just 11? I think you should make it an even Dozen just to be safe in case the other 11 break on the same day.. haha

I am with you Doc, nothing extra for me either.

For years I went through that phase of trying to have the newest, fastest, and the best until I switched over to my "tightwad" phase. :P Actually it was the realization that even my oldest of bows had killed deer just as dead as my newest ..... lol.

But I have to admit that I should at least have a spare release. The one I'm using now is starting to get some age on it and who knows what might happen. Also, I remember years ago when my brother-in-law lost his Barner. He got real lucky because I happened to have an extra one in my tacklebox at home. But for that day, he was out of business until we got home.

Doc

My release is on the reserve list as of now, I am using my sons little JR release. It is way better than my old one which is getting to have that slow gradual open. My brother had the same kind and his died this year so that got me to thinking that mine is next. It is number one on the X-mas list and I already have one picked out.

Why use a release meant for a kid you ask...well we have been through some tuff stuff lately and when I asked him if I could use it to kill a deer he was all smiles so that is all it took. I will deal with the way to tiny wrist strap and dicomfort that it causes in order to make him happy!

I'm a 1 is none 2 is one guy. If I can't hunt with out it I want a spare. release,harness fall in that catagory. Then there is those that just make it easier, like a spare flashlight and batteries, face mask and gloves and hats ! I like a ball cap for the sun and warm times while a watch cap for cold times.

I use a day pack with extra face piece,gloves, hat,2 lights, extra Prusik,couple tree steps, baby wipes.

In my van is a tote full of clothes, spare boots, and gear. If I get a soaker in the morning I want dry socks and boots for the PM ! How hard is it to keep a stocked tote in your car ??? For those of us with out cabins.....