How will they inforce the safe act?

Yea I realize they can come and bash your front door down, shot your dog and take all of your guns but lets look at some simple math here.

We have a state population of about 19.5 million, with and estimate of 3 million assault style rifles. I think you could easily double that assault rifle figure. Lets say for arguments sake two 30 round mags per assault rifle, maybe 6 million or more illegal mags. So far the state has had less than 300 people register their assault rifles. How on earth can they or do they plan on ever enforcing this law. They would need the entire U.S. military just for the state of NY and that is if they ever decided on a door to door campaign which I think could start a war and get real ugly ?????

Yea I realize they can come and bash your front door down, shot your dog and take all of your guns but lets look at some simple math here.

We have a state population of about 19.5 million, with and estimate of 3 million assault style rifles. I think you could easily double that assault rifle figure. Lets say for arguments sake two 30 round mags per assault rifle, maybe 6 million or more illegal mags. So far the state has had less than 300 people register their assault rifles. How on earth can they or do they plan on ever enforcing this law. They would need the entire U.S. military just for the state of NY and that is if they ever decided on a door to door campaign which I think could start a war and get real ugly ?????

I think the only enforcement you'll see is the random arrests of people who are found in possession of the restricted firearms and or magazines, or the ones arrested during any type of sting operation.........most towns, counties, villages, don't even have the means or funds to set up any type of registry for the assault rifles and I don't believe the State is planning on setting them up to do so.

• Like 3

I think that like so many of our laws the only enforcement will be "incidental" discovery. For example, a guy gets tired of his gun just being an ornament in his closet and decides to take it out for a few hours of shooting somewhere in the woods. If he is discovered with the weapon by police or game wardens he is subject to felony arrest. Or if he happens to be showing it to someone who has anti-gun leanings, he may find police at the door that afternoon with warrants. Or if some neighbor that he has been having difficulty gets wind of his possession of such a weapon, it is possible that there may be a problem. Or there may be other accidental exposure that could lead to arrest. There will not be random door to door searches. So those that do not abide by the law are simply testing the odds, and gambling that there will never be one of these accidental discoveries. However it must be remembered that the stakes are a felony conviction and whatever bad situations come along with felony convictions.

I think the only enforcement you'll see is the random arrests of people who are found in possession of the restricted firearms and or magazines, or the ones arrested during any type of sting operation.........most towns, counties, villages, don't even have the means or funds to set up any type of registry for the assault rifles and I don't believe the State is planning on setting them up to do so.

state dont even have the funds...

I often wonder about police making random checks at gun ranges, for people firing, what little King  Andy calls, Assault weapons. A person just shooting, what appears to be an "assault weapon" wouldn't give enough probable cause for police to stop you, take your rifle and run a check to see if it is properly registered, but Cuomo appears to be so dishonest and underhanded.....Who knows what kind of "special circumstance clause" he might impose? Wait and see I guess.

I suspect a lot of cases will come from a wife ratting out the husband she has decided to divorce. This will get her a huge upper hand in the divorce proceedings and she will get everything else he owns. Fine line between love and hate as they say.

Many other similar situations will present themselves and black gun owners will become the same as drug possessors. The government has decided to declare all homeland defense rifle owners enemies of the state and that gives them the right to violate all of your rights when they stumble upon you.

The intimidation factor will be enough to force many gun owners out of the state, or underground, and their homeland defense rifles will never see the light of day again. That is, until they die and their grandchildren turn their rifles in.

Welcome to the future my friends. This was inevitable from the first day we allowed the government to violate the 2nd Amendment even slightly. It always angered me when gun owners showed an apathetic attitude about infringements on the 2nd Amendment that didn't affect them. now that they are being affected, they are upset. Welcome to the club guys. If you had fought for the other guy years ago, you wouldn't be in this crap now.

I suspect a lot of cases will come from a wife ratting out the husband she has decided to divorce. This will get her a huge upper hand in the divorce proceedings and she will get everything else he owns. Fine line between love and hate as they say.

Many other similar situations will present themselves and black gun owners will become the same as drug possessors. The government has decided to declare all homeland defense rifle owners enemies of the state and that gives them the right to violate all of your rights when they stumble upon you.

The intimidation factor will be enough to force many gun owners out of the state, or underground, and their homeland defense rifles will never see the light of day again. That is, until they die and their grandchildren turn their rifles in.

Welcome to the future my friends. This was inevitable from the first day we allowed the government to violate the 2nd Amendment even slightly. It always angered me when gun owners showed an apathetic attitude about infringements on the 2nd Amendment that didn't affect them. now that they are being affected, they are upset. Welcome to the club guys. If you had fought for the other guy years ago, you wouldn't be in this crap now.

AMEN BRO!!!! PREACH IT BROTHA!!!

It won't be enforced because the Safe Act as we know it will go down. This violates so many of your rights is will not stand, and I believe after all said and done, it will really set back the gun grabbers and what they will be able to do. In the future in NY you will be able to own any semi-auto with any features accept a grenade launcher,  no back ground check for ammo, and no long run registration and you can have any magazines except a 100 round drum.

I think when we vote them out they will get the point...  Then we can remove these feel good laws that do nothing but make ordinary people into criminals for no other reason than being a gun owner...  Pathetic laws that even law enforcement will not enforce.  Law enforcement has stated many times they will not go door to door for this, it seems they do not believe it is enforceable...  And they do not want to confront that type of threat on a daily basis, they know it would end up horribly.  To bad the politicians can't see that...  But politicians cant see too much that's for sure.

I wonder if there are any organizations that are developing a game-plan for organizing a "boot the clowns out" activity during the next elections. I am looking to the NRA to spearhead such activities as always, but I am wondering if very many gun clubs or state pro-gun organizations are starting to get geared up for communications campaigns with gun owners and other stakeholders to create an organized push to unseat as many of these legislators as possible ... as well as reward our supporters with our votes. It seems to me that there should be some organizational activities going on right now to lay out an effective assault on these creeps who consider our rights to be disposable. Has anybody heard of any plans being worked on or drawn up yet? It might just be a good subject to raise with any organizations or clubs that each of us belong to.

You will most likely see organizations like NYSRPA spearheading the more local and statewide election time campaigns. I can see the NRA running some state wide and national campaigns as well.

Our branch of the QDMA is a supporter of them (NYSRPA), and we will be able to continue our donations to them via support of our branch. Dont forget to support local organizations and clubs that in turn, actively support the other organizations that are directly involved in this battle.

I have a question for you on the Mag's

If you had high capacity mag's before the safe act they are legal correct?

if so do they have to be registered in some way?

how high of a capacity? if you have 30 round magazines, think you can't possess them.