My new ride...........

Lawdwaz

My new fishing magnet.  Caught my first fish out of it last night, 2 Sheep-head and a Gobbie.  (one freakie looking POS THAT is!)

I had it out in the canal a few times just getting familiar with it before venturing out to Lake Erie last night.  Here are some pics from the canal dock...

null_zpsf7288e9f.jpg

IMG_0072_zps42aff58a.jpg

IMG_0070_zpsdd179ad8.jpg

So last night was kind of a cluster ________.  I got some bait and launched the boat at the small boat harbor and all went great.  Launching/retrieving solo can be a biotch but it went well. 

I get out side of the breakwall and I'm fishing for about an hour and I go to itch my eye and use the back of my thumb nail and bump my contact lens out, or so I thought.  It turns out that the lens got folded in half and jammed under my eye lid somewhere.  That certainly made for an interesting outing.......

I ended up fishing for a couple hours like that (you can drink beer blind if you have to) and caught the fish OK.  I almost got ran over by the MoonDance catamaran.  Some chick says HEY, I WANNA GO FISHING!  I said HEY, JUMP IN AND SWIM OVER!  She didn't..........

Also last night, the City of Buffalo had a helicopter out filming and collecting images for an upcoming promotional campaign on tourism and that sumbitch was hovering mere feet off the water and CLOSE to me.  I got some cool footage with my phone.  At the time, I didn't know what they were doing out there and I thought they were looking for Jimmy Hoffa or something........It was an all black chopper and looked pretty cool........

I got the boat int the docks with one good blinker and one bad one.  Tied her up, got the truck and loaded the boat on the trailer.  By now my eye is starting to hurt pretty bad and I look in my side view mirror and I could see the folded up contact lens.  I yanked it out, dropped it in the gravel (DOHH!) then rinsed it of and stuck it back in.  It worked good enough for the ride home and saved me a trip to the ER room for some Dr to do some fishing in my eye socket!!

All in all, I still had a good time.

Nice. I was out yesterday and today skiing. Normally you could not pay me to go out on the week ends, but my daughter and her boyfriend are here, so we hit it early.

Love the water,enjoy .

Bass fishin after work.. I'm in.. have a cooler of bud lites waiting for a ride.

I'm game! No guarantee of course but, you can't win if ya don't bet!

I got three keeper smallmouth today. All three will be joining me for dinner.........

Hotter than a two dollar pistol out there today!

Nice rig, Larry...

Glad to see you're getting the hang of it..I thought I might have to come up and show you how to CATCH something...LOL..

Never fished Erie for smallies, but my friends who do use goby imitating tube jigs a lot...