how much sleep will you get tonight?

twsted21

Some of you guys need to relax.  If you are so wound up you will probably screw up if and when an opportunity presents itself.  I can tell a lot of you are very young.  I think I used to be a bit that way also.  These days I don't lose a wink of sleep over anything pertaining to hunting.  A lot more important things to worry about in life.  I think about hunting less than ever yet my success has gotten better than ever!  The less one stresses over it the better the outcome will be in my opinion.

The day I loose the excitement of opening day is the day I walk away from hunting. I've had years where I got nothing or turned deer down and it doesn't bother me b/c I love to be hunting. I relax when I get into my stand but enjoy the waiting and counting down to opening day.Maybe it is b/c I'm 34 but if i don't get excited and look forward to doing it then why do it.

Looking forward to it is one thing but as someone suggested in another thread to take sleeping pills because one can't sleep in anticipation is another in my book.  If they told me I needed brain surgery I think I would prefer a doctor who is the "cool hand luke" type where he doesn't get excited very easily over anything.  If he was losing sleep the night before over the surgery he was about to perform on me the next morning I think I'd be more than a bit worried!  :P

Looking forward to it is one thing but as someone suggested in another thread to take sleeping pills because one can't sleep in anticipation is another in my book.  If they told me I needed brain surgery I think I would prefer a doctor who is the "cool hand luke" type where he doesn't get excited very easily over anything.  If he was losing sleep the night before over the surgery he was about to perform on me the next morning I think I'd be more than a bit worried!  :O

Funny thing I was the one to say how many Sleeping pills I would need to take I guess this whole writing on the forum doesn't imply the sarcastic parts of the sentences.  I wish I was just wishy washy about hunting ahhh it is just another day for me no big deal!  Oh wait nope I would brather lose sleep and be excited about hunting.  I think it means you are really looking forward to it.

I'm a nite owl and can't sleep if I hit the rack before 11:30. For single day hunts I get up at 3am which just leaves me ragged so I take NYQIL @ 7pm and I'm out cold by 9pm. This gives me 6 hours which is just about what I get when not hunting. When I go on a week long hunt I need the NYQUIL the first nite but by nite 2 I'm in the groove of hitting the rack with the rest of the guys @8 or 9 pm.