Background Checks

Has anyone heard how the new backround checks for ammunition are going to work? Since it can take 30-40 minutes to get through a background check for a gun, I'm curious how it is going to work with the long lines and backed up computer systems that are sure to happen. Some people I've talked with think that this part of the law will crash and burn on it's own.

New York State has to set a system in place, which they haven't done yet. If it's anything like the standard background check, it will be a nightmare, which is what little king Andy wanted anyway.

I was in Gander MTN this weekend and 2 guys were in there doing a private gun sale, waiting for a background check. The wife and my youngest daughter

were buying a bunch of stuff so we were in there for a while. at least 30 mins. later these guys were still waiting for the background check/paper work to go through.

I think that the little king did this on purpose to discourage people from buying or  selling guns/ammo.

Does Little Andy's security team have trouble getting guns or ammo to use to protect his Majesty and his live in squeeze????    Hmmmmmmm  Piece of crap...

Edited by ants

I think it is a crock you have to wait for these checks. But I also know I will not let the king win this one so I will go when I have time to burn. Tell them what I want, they start my background check, and then I shop. I get 99% of all my hunting stuff at bass pro so if I have to spend some extra time browsing no problem. I would not go in there for a private sale and a background check and hope to be out of there in 15 min. Only do it when I have the time. Again I don't like it, but I won't let it discourage me either.

Better to take a weekend trip to PA and buy your ammo there.  Stay off Cuomo's lists any chance you can.  He's not making those lists without planning on checking them twice to find out if you are naughty or nice.

• Like 3

Yes I was thinking of going to PA for ammo purchases. A few buddies and I have talked about it.

So, here is the question ..... Does the ammo shortage exist down in PA also? Background checks aside, is there really any ammo to be had down there either? I understood that the ammo shortage was national (international?) in scope.

There are plenty of local ammo dealers in PA with lots of ammo on their shelves.  Prices are the same as Big Box stores in NY though.  Gun Shows in PA are a good place to shop also.  Lots of surplus ammo available there.  Maybe not the fancy stuff you may want, but lots of .22LR, .308, 7.62x39, .30-06, Shotshells and pistol ammo too.

I think it is a crock you have to wait for these checks. But I also know I will not let the king win this one so I will go when I have time to burn. Tell them what I want, they start my background check, and then I shop. I get 99% of all my hunting stuff at bass pro so if I have to spend some extra time browsing no problem. I would not go in there for a private sale and a background check and hope to be out of there in 15 min. Only do it when I have the time. Again I don't like it, but I won't let it discourage me either.

I hear ya..but what about when this takes full effect?  Can you imagine a few days before deer, duck, pheasant season?? The number of people buying ammo will go through the roof. With all these people all trying to buy ammo at the same time, there will be delays.Thats what happens when the background system gets overwhelmed . Im sure that there are a few people on this sight who have gotten a "DELAY" when trying to buy a gun.  If the background check comes back "DELAY" people can wait up to a week for a "PROCEED" response from the feds.

Like I said..unless the system is significantly simplified, this will be a big joke... Honest, law abiding citizen is severely restricted in buying ammo and little King shit Andy laughs at them. that about wraps it up..

There was plenty of ammunition on the shelves at Cabelas in Hamburg PA last week. I know because my family and I stopped there on our way to Sesame Place in Langhorne PA.

The property that I hunt in the Southern Tier is about 15 to 20 minutes away from Pennsylvania, I might just make a run over the border and pick up some ammunition then...Less tax dollars lining Andy's pocket.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I have more interest in reloading components ..... bullets, powder, brass, primers, etc.  Has anyone found a good reliable source of those products (PA or otherwise)? Also, does anyone know if the Safe Act background check requirement on ammo applies to components? I don't think I have ever heard that stated yet.

Components are not included in the UnSAFE ACT.  SO far they are free and clear.

Doc. The last time I was up to Beikerks about 3 weeks ago the bullet shelves looked pretty full. THey had the powder I wanted and there were primers, just not the ones I wanted...lol.

I'm going to have to plan a trip up there. I'll call ahead with my shopping list.

I probably have at least a year's supply of components and constructed ammo, but having gone through all of this serious "shortage" stuff for many months now, I am beginning to develop that "hoarder's mentality". I don't ever want to question whether or not I will be able to build a supply of bullets for my rifles, and so I want to increase my in-house supplies to a point where I don't have to ration my practice sessions for fear of running out of ammo. That doesn't mean that I want a bunker full of bullet parts, but I would feel a lot better if I had 4 or 5 years worth of stock on hand. That probably won't have any huge impact on store stocks, but when I get the chance, I want to continue to add to my inventory. I suppose that makes me guilty of having that hoarder's mentality .... lol.

Is this legal to do, if not regestered in NYS, when brought back across the line?

Does it matter?

People have to step up to the plate and gain courage.  Throughout my vending across the state, I am finding out that the majority of hunters are not grasping the severity of what is happening.  Self defense and hunting with firearms, is a natural state.  It's about power, inventory, and control.  Historically, nothing new.

http://www.NationalResistanceGear.com

Edited by tony m