Has anyone else seen bucks chasin' does???

nybuckboy

Sorry about a repost but no one answered my question but many read the post. Maybe I should have asked as a question.

Where I am, Southern Oneida County my son has seen a big buck chasin a singe doe Sat morning and I just saw another buck just before dark chasin a doe. The was really booking and the buck saw me as I was walking to my 4 wheeler. Actually was able to coax him into range with a couple of grunts and a wheeze. He was about 25 yards and on edge. I was kneeling down on a 4 wheeler trail and he came through some CPR. I was able to draw back but he blew out on me just as about to settle the pin on him. Game over!!!!

Whiel no doe was seen, I had a 4 point walk away from me out of range on Sat morning. I hit the doe call and he turned back to check me out.  He came in closer to range but offered no shot. I needed him to take abotu 5 more steps...No luck but he definately reacted to the doe call.

Tonight two does and a fawn came charging up the hill just about 40 yards away. So unless they were just out for exercise, something pushed them. It could have been a buck getting a bit pushy. I have also found a pretty good scrape line so things are starting to heat up a bit.

Doc

Saturday, I saw bucks chasing bucks and had to look real hard to see horns on the buck that was being chased. I watched 11 does in a field until dark, Sunday. Nothing was chasing and no bucks even sniffing around.

Last night, a big one-horned spike moved through slowly past my stand and a doe fawn and its mother walked under my stand. Nothing chasing.

But getting trail cam shots of bucks opening scrapes, right on time (First Quarter of the Moon.) The Full Moon is on Saturday, and that usually seems to repress the action...but they will be hitting scrapes at night...then the following week, the beginning of November, the running time will be on.

Last year, they opened the scrapes almost two weeks later, according to my trail cams. Here's a couple nice bucks opening a scrape with a zip tied overhanging branch. The dates and time are accurate. The third photo is last year (2009.)

post-480-131455358446_thumb.jpg

post-480-131455358468_thumb.jpg

post-480-131455358491_thumb.jpg