Poetic justice for Cheney- The Traitor

1 minute ago, Northcountryman said:

Maybe youre right, IDK; do you have the numbers?  Id like to see that, if possible. 

Ive posted them here before. And they are easily accessible.  Take a look at the Cuomo vs Astorino.    Im almost positive only 4 million votes were cast in that race. And the race was decided by under 1 million I believe.  So where was everyone?  

5 minutes ago, left field said:

That's every guy's metric.

I'm probably twice your age. Back when, if a guy called your wife ugly you up and coldcocked him. Knowing that he was out of line, his only recourse was to stand up, rub his jaw and say, "sonofabitch coldcocked me" and then walk away. If he persisted, the other guys on the bar would take him out back and give him a lesson in manners. Can't really do that these days.

I hardly expected Cruz to backhand Trump on a debate stage, but was surprised on how quickly he said, "Thank you, Donald. May I have another?" 

Why? For the people of Texas? The US? No. To protect his job and keep his name in the papers. Greene, Boebert, Cawthorn are barely functioning idiots so you can't expect much other than them getting out the door without tying their shoelaces together. Cruz is smart enough to know he's just being an evil prick and that is criminal. 

What is your hangup on Buttegieg? He's a smart, clean-cut, family man.

I think that Im understanding your cuckolding reference thing you mentioned earlier now!! Are you talking about when Cruz and Trump debated back in '16? 

2 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Ive posted them here before. And they are easily accessible.  Take a look at the Cuomo vs Astorino.    Im almost positive only 4 million votes were cast in that race. And the race was decided by under 1 million I believe.  So where was everyone?  

Dunno , Man, but if youre right, that is too bad.

Nothing but conservative class in this thread NCM :) 

I'm not knocking anyone's fun, but to suggest that the right has higher standards than the left or vice versa is just ludicrous, people can be really nasty regardless of their political leanings...and again, it's their own prerogative, I'm not anyone's judge. 

Edited by Splitear

9 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I think that Im understanding your cuckolding reference thing you mentioned earlier now!! Are you talking about when Cruz and Trump debated back in '16? 

Cruz claims to be from Texas. Maybe Texas men have softened, but I'm pretty sure you can't get away with insulting a man's wife and father there and live to talk about it. Unless, of course, that man is Ted Cruz. Cuckold seems to fit. Creepy from anyone who has met him as well.

Ever listen to Boehner read from his autobiography? I'd post it but it wouldn't pass moderation. 

Man, Cruz is a weird one to hang your stud hat on. 

Can you point to Buttegieg asshatness using the accepted definition of "stupid, annoying and detestable"?

22 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Nothing but conservative class in this thread NCM :) 

I'm not knocking anyone's fun, but to suggest that the right has higher standards than the left or vice versa is just ludicrous, people can be really nasty regardless of their political leanings...and again, it's their own prerogative, I'm not anyone's judge. 

Thats in the Political humor section Leland  and is meant to be for political memes (I think).  Im talking about specific and direct dialogue between members engaged in a discussion.  btw, I dont think I ever stated that both sides cant be guilty of going low; I just think its more common to be perped by those on the Left but if im wrong, show me!! 

8 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Thats in the Political humor section Leland  and is meant to be for political memes (I think).  Im talking about specific and direct dialogue between members engaged in a discussion.  btw, I dont think I ever stated that both sides cant be guilty of going low; I just think its more common to be perped by those on the Left but if im wrong, show me!! 

I guess I misunderstood, you were asking for examples of those on the right name-calling those on the left, and the Political Humor section has plenty of that. I didn't realize you were looking for folks who were doing direct name calling, not those who do it out of generality :) Still, I don't see anywhere on this thread that anyone has hurled an insult at another member.

BTW, you know as well as I do I nor anyone else can prove you wrong, do I dredge up every political insult that's been hurled at another person and then do a tally? In reality, I have no interest in proving you wrong, at all. But it's like me saying "I think there are 847,3412 ants in my backyard, but if I'm wrong, show me". Just because you can't be proven wrong doesn't mean that you're right. Regardless, this is a rather silly argument in the grand scheme of things...still, I'm the one commenting :)

Edited by Splitear

10 minutes ago, left field said:

Cruz claims to be from Texas. Maybe Texas men have softened, but I'm pretty sure you can't get away with insulting a man's wife and father there and live to talk about it. Unless, of course, that man is Ted Cruz. Cuckold seems to fit. Creepy from anyone who has met him as well.

Ever listen to Boehner read from his autobiography? I'd post it but it wouldn't pass moderation. 

Man, Cruz is a weird one to hang your stud hat on. 

Can you point to Buttegieg asshatness using the accepted definition of "stupid, annoying and detestable"?

I dont know if Id characterize my defense of him here in this thread as "hanging my hat on him"; I just think hes a solid stand up guy and a very good leader of the party - intelligent, pricnipled , etc.

In regards to the Boehner thing, I have not; can you give me a brief overview , though? 

Even if youre right about the cuckold thing ,whioh is highly debateble, Im sure,  is that what leads you to conclude hes an Asshat? are there any other reasons you can point out why you would characterize him as such?

With buttegieg , its simple: Hes an environmental wacko extremist who doesnt have a clue ( in my opinion) how the economy works and who also prioritizes enviornmental policy over people. I do believe that the citizens of South Bend were not overly saddened to see him depart when he left for washington some time back.

1 minute ago, Splitear said:

I guess I misunderstood, you were asking for examples of those on the right name-calling those on the left, and the Political Humor section has plenty of that. I didn't realize you were looking for folks who were doing direct name calling, not those who do it out of generality :) 

BTW, you know as well as I do I nor anyone else can prove you wrong, do I dredge up every political insult that's been hurled at another person and then do a tally? In reality, I have no interest in proving you wrong, at all. But it's like me saying "I think there are 847,3412 ants in my backyard, but if I'm wrong, show me". Just because you can't be proven wrong doesn't mean that you're right. Regardless, this is a rather silly argument in the grand scheme of things...still, I'm the one commenting :)

Well, since youve injected yourself into the dialogue , my friend, I would recommend you go back and read the entire thread and see for yourself what Im  referring to; if your as objective and fair as you claim ( and I actuaslly think you are more often than not) , you will see that it is not quite the same thing :)

53 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I just don't get the Republican messaging. It's a lot of "we're gonna stop this" and "we aren't going to let 'this' happen". I see the signs that say "Hate High Gas Prices? Vote Republican", but the issue is, they don't say what their going to do. How will they lower gas prices? I cannot find a reasonable plan on that offered up by any candidate, other than more drilling, and even then, they don't talk about how they are actually going to achieve more production.

I'm so jaded with both parties, it's sickening. Politics today is reminiscent of Professional Wrestling, a lot of grabbing the mic and smack talking, a little bit of fighting, and at the end of the day, you realize it was all just a performance. 

Go back to energy independence like we were under Trump would be nice !! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Well, since youve injected yourself into the dialogue , my friend, I would recommend you go back and read the entire thread and see for yourself what Im  referring to; if your as objective and fair as you claim ( and I actuaslly think you are more often than not) , you will see that it is not quite the same thing :)

I did before commenting, and unless I missed something, I haven't seen anyone insult another member on this thread, which I think is what you're looking for now. I read the "asshat" comment in regards to Rand Paul, but as far as I know, he's not commenting, and it's no more insulting than calling the Vice President a "Ho" which I've seen several times on this board, amongst names like "libtard", "stupid liberals", "dumb Biden supporters", just to name a few. Listen, I'm not playing referee here, this is a conservative learning forum, and I'm sure there's going to be more insults from the right towards the left here, and if I were to surf a left leaning forum, I'd see just the opposite. However, insisting that conservatives are more principled in their conduct than liberals just isn't true, they both can be equally as nasty. If you ask me to prove it to you, just let me know what kind of proof would suffice. I shared a thread that is a great example of conservative nastiness, and you allowed that doesn't count. What kind of proof would you like? 

I'm not trying to score points here, we've always been civil with each other. I feel like I'm being objective here, and the objective point of view is that today's political climate is vulgar, mean and extreme, and the extremes of both sides participate in it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I did before commenting, and unless I missed something, I haven't seen anyone insult another member on this thread, which I think is what you're looking for now. I read the "asshat" comment in regards to Rand Paul, but as far as I know, he's not commenting, and it's no more insulting than calling the Vice President a "Ho" which I've seen several times on this board, amongst names like "libtard", "stupid liberals", "dumb Biden supporters", just to name a few. Listen, I'm not playing referee here, this is a conservative learning forum, and I'm sure there's going to be more insults from the right towards the left here, and if I were to surf a left leaning forum, I'd see just the opposite. However, insisting that conservatives are more principled in their conduct than liberals just isn't true, they both can be equally as nasty. If you ask me to prove it to you, just let me know what kind of proof would suffice. I shared a thread that is a great example of conservative nastiness, and you allowed that doesn't count. What kind of proof would you like? 

I'm not trying to score points here, we've always been civil with each other. I feel like I'm being objective here, and the objective point of view is that today's political climate is vulgar, mean and extreme, and the extremes of both sides participate in it. 

But you don’t what I’m referring to here and jumped into the fray before understanding fully . I was talking about sound mature , political discourse when we converse with each other ; that’s what I’m referring to . Look: anybody can jump on here and start calling each other or any politician from the “ other side “ names - that’s easy . My point was that it’s unproductive and a waste of time . Earlier on in the thread , Lefty was refuting  my claim that Cheney was a traitor and posted an ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT missive on party loyalty / factionalism and what’s wrong with the system . I was impressed and was going to concede his point ; unfortunately, he follows it up in a subsequent post with an out of left field ( get it ?) attack on Rand Paul who wasn’t even part of the original convo , calling him an Asshat!! That’s what I’m referring to . And I don’t care what you say , in my opinion , that kind of foolishness is almost always done by posters here arguing from the lefts POV . When they argue , they resort to name calling - I don’t like that and find that counterproductive. 

Edited by Northcountryman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, diplomat019 said:

So not true. Astorino could have easily won.  Only a few million people voted in the WHOLE STATE!!!  Nyc doesn't vote 100% democrat.      So where was the rest of the state?   

2018 election the whole state was red. Except for Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, NYC  & Long Island. Any with the amount of people that vote Democratic in the city and Long Island that will counter any of the votes upstate. 81E95305-E090-46FB-BFEA-B1E8009DC963.thumb.png.3c798ee202abe14df50167b2b52f6906.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I dont know if Id characterize my defense of him here in this thread as "hanging my hat on him"; I just think hes a solid stand up guy and a very good leader of the party - intelligent, pricnipled , etc.

In regards to the Boehner thing, I have not; can you give me a brief overview , though? 

Even if youre right about the cuckold thing ,whioh is highly debateble, Im sure,  is that what leads you to conclude hes an Asshat? are there any other reasons you can point out why you would characterize him as such?

With buttegieg , its simple: Hes an environmental wacko extremist who doesnt have a clue ( in my opinion) how the economy works and who also prioritizes enviornmental policy over people. I do believe that the citizens of South Bend were not overly saddened to see him depart when he left for washington some time back.

Boehner on Cruz.

When specifically asked his opinions on Ted Cruz, Boehner made a face, drawing laughter from the crowd.

"Lucifer in the flesh," the former speaker said. "I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life."

"As I say in the book, there's nothing worse than a reckless jackass who thinks he's smarter than everybody else." 

Boehner writes that Cruz was the "head lunatic" leading "the chaos caucus in the House" of Tea Party members and right-wingers more focused on appearing on right-wing media and escalating "outrage" news cycles to drive campaign donations than passing legislation in Washington. In the audiobook of his memoir, Boehner added an unscripted, "PS, Ted Cruz, go f--- yourself."

None of those slights against Buttegieg qualify him as an "asshat." Words matter and you need better insults, brother.

6 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

But you don’t what I’m referring to here and jumped into the fray before understanding fully . I was talking about sound mature , political discourse when we converse with each other ; that’s what I’m referring to . Look: anybody can jump on here and start calling each other or any politician from the “ other side “ names - that’s easy . My point was that it’s unproductive and a waste of time . Earlier on in the thread , Lefty was reciting my claim that Cheney was a traitor and posted an ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT missive on party loyalty / factionalism and what’s wrong with the system . I was impressed and was going to concede his point ; unfortunately, he follows it up in a subsequent post with an out of left field ( get it ?) attack on Rand Paul who wasn’t even part of the original convo , calling him an Asshat!! That’s what I’m referring to . And I don’t care what you say , in my opinion , that kind of foolishness is almost always done by posters here arguing from the lefts POV . When they argue , they resort to name calling - I don’t like that and find that counterproductive. 

I don't think we're too far apart here NCM, I don't respond well to those types of arguments either. I think what Mike is suggesting is that as long as the attack is against an opponent and not an ally, we let them slide. So, for instance, if hypothetically another member on here jumped in and called Cheney an "asshat", would you have objected? Honestly, I don't object either way, because I don't have a dog in this fight. The point I'm arguing here is that the both sides as bad as the other, and it's toxic to any productive dialog. The right is just as likely to jump into a debate with nastiness and vulgarity as the left is. Again, I'm not sure how to prove that point whenever honest examples won't even hold up to the scrutiny, but being on the outside looking it, I'm telling you, people can be nasty and low regardless of political leanings, and neither side has a monopoly on that. I sometimes cruise through the talk radio stations on Sirius XM, and one channel will have callers saying Trump is an idiot who should be locked up, and another will have callers demanding that "Killery" be hung. Partisan politics today is toxic in general, and I cannot allow myself associate with either side because of it. 

The main point is that I respond better to civil discourse, and am turned off by the opposite, which is unfortunately where we are at in this country for the most part, right and left alike. 

Cheney is one of many recipients of poetic justice in the past year, the Cuomo Brothers, Terry McAuliffe, Kinzinger and even the libtard darlings of msnbc  and cnn Madow and Stelter have been knocked off their high horses. There will be plenty more going down the toilet as time goes on. The great the "Progressive" experiment has been exposed and people are getting their heads out of their butts and coming to their senses as they can see this country is turning into a major shithole!!!

Al

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, airedale said:

Cheney is one of many recipients of poetic justice in the past year, the Cuomo Brothers, Terry McAuliffe, Kinzinger and even the libtard darlings of msnbc  and cnn Madow and Stelter have been knocked off their high horses. There will be plenty more going down the toilet as time goes on. The great the "Progressive" experiment has been exposed and people are getting their heads out of their butts and coming to their senses as they can see this country is turning into a major shithole!!!

Al

First of all Al, I have no issue with your comment, and I'm  not arguing it. You have every right to voice your opinion, and I'm not invested in this argument at all.

@Northcountryman, proof?

1 minute ago, Splitear said:

I don't think we're too far apart here NCM, I don't respond well to those types of arguments either. I think what Mike is suggesting is that as long as the attack is against an opponent and not an ally, we let them slide. So, for instance, if hypothetically another member on here jumped in and called Cheney an "asshat", would you have objected? Honestly, I don't object either way, because I don't have a dog in this fight. The point I'm arguing here is that the both sides as bad as the other, and it's toxic to any productive dialog. The right is just as likely to jump into a debate with nastiness and vulgarity as the left is. Again, I'm not sure how to prove that point whenever honest examples won't even hold up to the scrutiny, but being on the outside looking it, I'm telling you, people can be nasty and low regardless of political leanings, and neither side has a monopoly on that. I sometimes cruise through the talk radio stations on Sirius XM, and one channel will have callers saying Trump is an idiot who should be locked up, and another will have callers demanding that "Killery" be hung. Partisan politics today is toxic in general, and I cannot allow myself associate with either side because of it. 

The main point is that I respond better to civil discourse, and am turned off by the opposite, which is unfortunately where we are at in this country for the most part, right and left alike. 

But we can move away from it by calling each other out on boorish behavior , and that’s what I’m trying to say here !! In response to your query about Cheney being called an asshat , again , it a little different because Lefty pulled out a politician from the right that wasn’t  even part of the original discussion !! However , I see you’re point and won’t deny it would bother me less if she was called one by a never on my political side because I actually do think she is one  lol) but wouldn’t not choose to use that kind of diction in my discussion because , again , it’s is counterproductive . I do feel that as always , you and I are NOT that far apart in terms of our view of proper decorum , even if we may disagree politically and could have a robust debate without disrespecting one another . 

• Like 1

I, for one, am kinda thrilled we got "asshat" in so many times. Now i'm going to try and make "fetch" happen. 

1 minute ago, airedale said:

Al

I have to think that if your head is up your butt, then yes, it probably does make the country look like a sh!thole. Now, does the size of the butt matter? That is, if your head is up an enormous butt does it seem as if the entire universe is one big sh!thole. 

image.thumb.png.5ec2f1cff588d8926a8973da92d3c6c0.png

You may be onto something here, Al. Thanks for the contribution.

• Haha 1

Just now, Northcountryman said:

But we can move away from it by calling each other out on boorish behavior , and that’s what I’m trying to say here !! In response to your query about Cheney being called an asshat , again , it a little different because Lefty pulled out a politician from the right that wasn’t  even part of the original discussion !! However , I see you’re point and won’t deny it would bother me less if she was called one by a never on my political side because I actually do think she is one  lol) but wouldn’t not choose to use that kind of diction in my discussion because , again , it’s is counterproductive . I do feel that as always , you and I are NOT that far apart in terms of our view of proper decorum , even if we may disagree politically and could have a robust debate without disrespecting one another . 

If there's one thing I've discovered over the past few years, it's that I'm not sure where I fall politically anymore, and I really have stopped caring about anyone else's politics. However, I do care about how people treat others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1