Rubbing yet?

Jrs5144

About a week ago I took the dog for a walk and found a couple small rubs right on the trail. I saw a small buck out in a field  Saturday afternoon. He was way out there but  and he looked pretty shinny. Im sure that most of the bucks are rubbed by now.

Edited by ants

saw a smallish 8 out of velvet today, maybe 100in. i'm sure there are rubs but all my stands are hung and i stay out of woods till oct 1 now. let all the surrounding camps push deer into my property with their atv riding and stand hanging during the next month....

Couple from tonight (9/2)..... the only hard horn buck is the nice 9'er I've had my eye on all summer. His 3 buddies are all still fuzzies.

They could be clean by the morning for all I know.

_CSC0610_zps47337553.jpg

_CSC0641_zps135effe2.jpg

Edited by wooly
  • Like 3

What did you do Wooly, color that one buck in with crayons?

I noticed that too. That's weird ...... all the other deer seem to have changed coats except that one is still in summer colors. What makes it even more strange is that all the deer around my place still have that red summer coat, although there is an awful lot of hair loss happening right now.