Hunting Bow ?

noodle one

Has anyone on here ever owned  or hunted with a Diamond Infinite Edge? I have developed a problem that won't let draw my bow because of the pull  weight, so I need to get something with lighter draw weight,  MY Doc. told me that I shouldn't pick or pull anything over twenty lbs. The Infinite Edge is the only bow that I can get and have it in my hands and shooting in three days. I can have it set at 35 to 40 lbs to hunt with it. I know that sounds low, but I knew someone that hunted with a bow only 30 lbs. and killed a deer every year. what do you think of this bow?

I just sold my son's Diamond Edge.  The infinite edge is the newer version.  This is a very good bow.  You should be able to make all the adjustments yourself with an hex wrench.  Just keep practicing.  You should be able to work your way up to a suitable velocity to bring down a deer.  Practice, practice, practice.  Accuracy is much more important than speed.

I bought this bow for my son this year he is 11. You can adjust the weight from 5 to 70 pounds, the draw from 13 to 30 inches. Very nice bow for someone who needs a lot of variance or growing like my son.

Also NY does have a minimum draw weight look it up. I would like my son to be able to pull 40 to hunt deer.

Edited by Fletch

I bought this bow for my son this year he is 11. You can adjust the weight from 5 to 70 pounds, the draw from 13 to 30 inches. Very nice bow for someone who needs a lot of variance or growing like my son.

Also NY does have a minimum draw weight look it up. I would like my son to be able to pull 40 to hunt deer.

Which bow is this? If my 7 YO nephew has an interest in shooting bows, I'd like something like this for him. If not, I can set it up for the wife.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

35 lbs is minimum draw weight. I have pasted selective items from DEC's site pertaining to archery.

Manner of Taking

It is unlawful to:

• Possess a firearm of any description when bowhunting or when accompanying a person bowhunting during special archery seasons.

It is unlawful to hunt big game with:

• A firearm or bow aided by any artificial light or a laser that projects a beam toward the target.
  • A bow with a draw weight of 35 lbs or less.
  • Arrows with barbed broadheads; arrowheads less than 7/8 inches at the widest point or with less than 2 sharp cutting edges.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8305.html

I want to take the time to thank all who anwsered my question about the Diamond Edge. From the anwsers it looks like the bow should meet my needs. I am 70 years old and and a med problem that makes it impossible to use the bow I have now.It is going to take a little time getting use to shooting 40lbs when I have always shot 65lbs. Thanks again.