Looks like the first real giant of the season has fallen

phade

What are you guys talking about? This buck is from 2012..... I don't see anything about a Wisconsin buck from 2013.

I just did a Google search for "244" WI buck" and this is what came up.  Figured it was the one.  Sorry if it wasn't.  To be fair, you wouldn't know the year unless you really looked at the link at the bottom of the page.  I know I didn't!

What are you guys talking about? This buck is from 2012..... I don't see anything about a Wisconsin buck from 2013.

I was thinking this story was a little too new to be a 2013 kill.........usually these guys go into hiding until they find the person willing to pay the highest price for the story.

both those pics are actually from the same county in WI according to AT.. both September bucks too. 

I remember 10 years ago when a basket 8 was the standard 4 yr olds rack around where i hunt. slowly but surely it seems we're getting bigger and bigger racks off the same hills. I dont know if its weather related, better food or has to do with the decreased hunting pressure, but it seems like NY is creeping along.  Hopefully in a few years us upstaters will get bucks the size you Long island guys pass!

both those pics are actually from the same county in WI according to AT.. both September bucks too. 

I remember 10 years ago when a basket 8 was the standard 4 yr olds rack around where i hunt. slowly but surely it seems we're getting bigger and bigger racks off the same hills. I dont know if its weather related, better food or has to do with the decreased hunting pressure, but it seems like NY is creeping along.  Hopefully in a few years us upstaters will get bucks the size you Long island guys pass!

tell you what, I'm from L.I. and I'd rather take a basket rack 8 upstate then a big L.I. buck.........tougher to accomplish and a better experience overall.....enjoy what you have.

My goal this year is shoot 200" worth of whitetail bucks.

I got the following buck tags:

2 in CT

1 in NY

1 in PA

If I kill 3 out of 4 bucks,I should clear the 200" mark. Never killed 2 whitetail bucks in 1  year. Maybe this year....