Arrow Tip Question !

GreeneHunter

Ok ... First year Bow Hunting .... what tip in your opinion should I get for my arrows ? Went to Dicks last night and asked a couple of guys (customers) their opinion and naturally one said Solid Razor and the other said Mechanical Razor but they both said "Dont Go Cheap" !  I've got 30 plus years gun hunting just want to give Bow a shot !  

I fell for the mechanical head hype last year, and was beyond disappointed by the lack of penetration I got from them. (Spitfire maxx). I switched over to slick trick magnums because they seem to be the most tried and true deer slaying broad heads. Many people rave on AT about them. I personally can't validate their effectiveness but will be able to after this season. I bought a pack for only like $22 on eBay.

I fell for the mechanical head hype last year, and was beyond disappointed by the lack of penetration I got from them. (Spitfire maxx). I switched over to slick trick magnums because they seem to be the most tried and true deer slaying broad heads. Many people rave on AT about them. I personally can't validate their effectiveness but will be able to after this season. I bought a pack for only like $22 on eBay.

What he said!!

Started with Slick Trick Mags, tried the Rage for year and dumped them quick.  Been using them for 6 years now and I have no plans to change.  A sharp fixed broadhead will never fail to deploy.

I will be using rage xtrem 2 blade. I have had good luck with them. Blood trails are pretty amazing with them. Whatever you do decide to go with make sure they are hitting with your field points. I've seen too many guys not test broadheads and the results are ugly.

I would suggest your selection not be uncommon.

At some point your going to want another pack, or damage some from use. 

Thats why I switched from Muzzy Phantoms to Magnus heads. One of the best Archery choices I ever made.

Edited by Fantail