What do you think is the most prevalent game violation during deer season?

First-light

I think shooting before legal light is probably the easiest thing to slip up on.  In the hunting regulation manual that we all get with our license, there is usually a chart which outlines the legal times for every day of the season.  We all should be following that chart.  

But having said that, I think the most violated rule is failure to fill out tags and report deer kills.  Especially if a buck is killed and the person knows that there is still another nice buck out in the area.  I also think the DEC is more concerned with policing this action over policing people shooting just before legal times but I'm just guessing.  

I think shooting before legal light is probably the easiest thing to slip up on.  In the hunting regulation manual that we all get with our license, there is usually a chart which outlines the legal times for every day of the season.  We all should be following that chart.  

But having said that, I think the most violated rule is failure to fill out tags and report deer kills.  Especially if a buck is killed and the person knows that there is still another nice buck out in the area.  I also think the DEC is more concerned with policing this action over policing people shooting just before legal times but I'm just guessing.  

That chart is only correct for a certain area of the state. You have to go by your local times, they vary.

Wait a minute here....I'm sure that I have read that hunters are required to report thier kills..

HOWEVER, in my 50 years of hunting I have NEVER heard of anybody getting a ticket for NOT reporting thier kills..

Anybody else..??...

Actually I have.  Was not me for the record, but never brag about your deer kill to a DEC officer before handing your license over to him with all your tags still attached to it from prior hunting season while being checked for a fishing license.  Yep instant ticket lol dummy