Anyone having any luck with fall turkey?

Uncle Nicky

Can't until the 19th of Oct...and it's rough for there are 2 flocks following me around...They came in last night right infront of a blind I plann on using...just finished uop the spring turkey I got...home made turkey veggie soup...and was it ever good last night...had enough stock left over to freeze...though with no fat on it...it was very light in taste...but the spices and veggies  with chunked meat made up for it....

Had 5 fly up into the maple tree right next to the stand last night. This morning, they came into the hay field, stayed 20 minutes or so to say hello during a thundershower. Got some pics.

And it's still raining, dang warm fronts, LOL.

Our season opens third week of October, they will be gone by then.

post-888-0-01021100-1381068738_thumb.jpg

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

If I hunt in 9a and 9k they are two different colors on the turkey map does that mean I can take two birds one from each section

• There are two carcass tags for the fall season. Use "statewide" tag in any turkey hunting area. Use "two bird area" tag only in an area with a 2 bird bag limit. Look on the next page for the map showing the two bird bag limit area. Immediately after taking a turkey, you must fill out the carcass tag in ink and attach it to the bird.

At noon while resting from a unsuccessful morning----9 toms decided to run past me.  Dropped one in its tracks.  The other gave the Boykin Spaniel a spirited romp through the soybeans winding up in a dense thicket. (Woods are still green and thick.  The few small frosts have done little open up the underbrush.)  Better to be lucky than good

and Saturday duck opens......October in NY can it get any better?????  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Fall season always coincides with the bow season, and I'm mentally into deer at that time. Now if they allowed us to hunt the fall season starting on October 1st like in the northern half of the state, I would gladly take it up.