People like this irritate me...

ghug92

Regarding this video, I have to say that I was getting a headache from that damned music. I will never understand why these guys think that blaring rock music has anything to do with hunting. It certainly was annoying.

Fasteddie ..... they all do that whispering after the shot routine. I even saw a video where the guy was doing his "interview thing" with his hands on the deer and he was still whispering. It's pretty funny.

We humans have progressed with our hunting techniques and the deer have progressed also . I remember when I first started hunting from a treestand the deer never looked up . They have evolved and we need to keep a step ahead of them . We are hunting smarter than they did years ago .

As for the video , I watched part of it and skipped over quite a bit . I thought the shooter was a jerk !

Wow ants guy that has lease next door did about the same...but got the whole mount...Passed him on Mon. At his brothers...loading up his truck with fallen Apple's....Apple's on lease must have dropped early.... :fie:

Yeah.. my friend went off the deep end years ago. He will lie, cheat, steal trespass, bait what ever it takes to bag a deer and then brag about it. I don't know what the hell happened to him, but he started going down hill when we got out of bird hunting and more into deer hunting 25 years ago or so. Me and my other hunting buddies all stopped hunting with him years ago. I don't get it..

This video is fairly typical and representative of today's hunters: They put out trail cams to spy on deer...plant food plots to lure them in...hang or erect treestands overlooking the food plots...buy hunting rigs, bows or guns, that cost hundreds of dollars...and then seek to film their whole "hunt". Now....are they really hunters?....Hell, no! (Bunch of pussies, Maybe!)

With modern day deer hunting, the "product" has become far more important than the "process". Scoring...using the latest hi-tech equipment...has become more important...far more important...than hunting. What a shame!

Most modern deer hunters make me want to puke! Hell...They want to hang a stand...in a location determined by food plots and trail cam photos...and then ambush a deer....and thereafter brag about it, and what great hunters they are. Again, GAG ME!

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with you. I personally don't have the time or money to put in food plots but if I did I would. Since when is using every advantage that's legal a bad thing? Just because people who don't hunt to your exacting standards does not make them bad hunters. I think hunters should respect other hunters methods (if legal) and stop bad mouthing them. Using trail cameras is a great way to scout if you don't have the time or means to do it.

Early has never hunted near a farm... which is much different than a food plot. He does not place his stands near oak or hickory, wild strawberry/berry or any food source. In fact, he is so elite he seeks the worst stand location possible for hunting. After all, it would be cheating to put a stand on a popular run that is situated near a bedding area or funnel.

all "Early bashing" aside, that trail cam setup and location is highly suspect. But the kid obviously set out to film a deer hunt and didn't want to come away empty handed... even if it required braking the law.

• Like 1

Other than the fact the kid was baiting in NY, all I see is a young guy's attempt at a hunting video. Sure, he could do some things differently to improve it, but it wasnt completely horrible.

As far as the baiting thing goes, he should be ticketed. That way he might learn his lesson and not do it again.

• Like 1

Early I think you make a lot of people want to puke too. However, I can appreciate your stance. BUT... Why do you care so much that people aren't hunting the way you hunt with your ancient compound bow and smooth bore shotgun.  If they pay their taxes for their slice of heaven and want to use technology to help them manage their property then so be it. I think having a newer, more accurate, faster bow or gun is great. I'm sure even you can agree that a quick clean kill is best, so if you've got the means why not use the available equipment? If I could afford trail cameras I would gladly have some, I love seeing wildlife. If I could be out there to see everything in the woods I would.

Edited by BUCKANDAQUARTER