Thermacell

edbone

Yup my lease in dewitt is horrible for mosquitos. Dropped my pack on opening morning and was getting torn up. Climbed back down. For the thermacell and after 5 to 6 minutes not a single bite. I put a velcro tape on mine and velcro it to my climber right under my seat. I will not go in the woods without it early season. It is probably the most important piece of my equipment outside my bow and arrows.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by jesse.james

I have used one religiously the past four years bear hunting in Canada (spring).

I used to use a head net, leather gloves, heavy canvas coverall, and tape all the seams shut, with fair success. I was given my first Thermocell by another hunter. I reluctantly tried it in a ground blind. I was amazed. Within five minutes of lighting it, all bugs had left the blind (mosquitos, black flies). I was able to hunt in a T shirt after that. I still bring all my battle gear for back up, but they absolutely work, and haven't seemed to affect the bears at all.

trust me, growing up hunting duck, turkey, hog, deer, etc in the Florida swamp and marsh lands , i don't know a single hunter that doesn't own one down there!  Things are ridiculous down there with the humidity and available standing water year round!  its to the point of , if you ran out of pads or butane, you DONT hunt!  they will eat you alive, or at least you wont see a deer because you are too busy swatting them with your hat at dawn n dusk.... have used it once up here so far , but the cool weather is coming soon, they'll be gone soon enough... they were bad this summer when scouting!!!!  

I was hunting over standing water in 65 degree weather. My property is a mosquito haven. About 5 mins after I fired up the thermal cell no more bites. Early season there are 4 thing I can't go without. ..bow, arrows, range finder, thermacell

I was hunting over standing water in 65 degree weather. My property is a mosquito haven. About 5 mins after I fired up the thermal cell no more bites. Early season there are 4 thing I can't go without. ..bow, arrows, range finder, thermacell

DEC was giving out free fathead minnows to help control the mosquito population.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems