Why cant the budget be balanced?

They are all crooks on the take. We really need term limits but how do you get the ones that it would limit to propose and pass it?

Honestly, whether you elect democrats or republicans they will NEVER shortchange themselves and pass laws to term limit themselves.  Just WON'T ever happen.  I did not vote in the last few years because I REFUSE to give any of these clowns my vote anymore.  I know many consider this a cop out, but look at it this way.  If ALL of us decided NOT to vote for anyone and stay home at elections, who would get elected to office then??  NO one.  Maybe then these clowns would start getting the picture.  I know that this scenario will never happen with all the party loyalists that we have out there, but as long as we keep voting them in just because we tow our party line, things will NEVER change, only get worse.

I saw the same story. They are all crooks on the take. We really need term limits but how do you get the ones that it would limit to propose and pass it?

So true.. We also need to get the money out of politics.. Big business and wealthy individuals don't give money ,millions upon millions, on the off chance that the politician is going to do what they want them to do. They are successful for a reason.. politicians bought and sold...simple.

Find a past pol that is not a multi millionaire. It would be an extremely rare find. Money from jobs or gigs from their sponsers not government salary after their "service".That's pretty good pay for someone with no real world skills , besides playing the system..

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship" ---Tytler

Both parties suck, they sellout to business interests or social parasites (welfare /dole, public sector unions). The problems of this country can't be fixed....the only thing that they can do is kick the can down the road.

We'll all be dead by time it falls apart in 50 to 100 years from now.  But after that the nation will split up into 2 or more countries. One will be led by hard working industrious people (like our founders), while the other will remain as it is (like England after the revolution).  A third will most likely be ceded back to Mexico (South West)

If you want to learn more look into Igor Panarin.  He’s a Russian economist who predicts the decline of America.    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB123051100709638419.

MMMMMMMKAAAYYYYY

Edited by mmkay

Honestly, whether you elect democrats or republicans they will NEVER shortchange themselves and pass laws to term limit themselves.  Just WON'T ever happen.  I did not vote in the last few years because I REFUSE to give any of these clowns my vote anymore.  I know many consider this a cop out, but look at it this way.  If ALL of us decided NOT to vote for anyone and stay home at elections, who would get elected to office then??  NO one.  Maybe then these clowns would start getting the picture.  I know that this scenario will never happen with all the party loyalists that we have out there, but as long as we keep voting them in just because we tow our party line, things will NEVER change, only get worse.

IMO, not voting is a bad idea. It sends a clear message that you don't care and they can do whatever they want. Like it of not, politicians are beholden to the VOTERS. If you don't vote, you don't count. Some would take this further and say that if you don't participate in process then you have no right to complain about about it.

Years ago I heard a great story about Ed Koch (former NY mayor). An up and coming Al Sharpton came to his office. Al asked for this and that and claimed to represent some large number of minorities in the city.

Koch turned to an aide and asked him to get something. The aide comes back with a book which Koch looks over. Koch turns to Sharpton and say "you may represent XXX amount of people, but you only represent YYY amount of voters." I forget the actual numbers, but the "voter" number was a small fraction of the actual eligible voters. 

Sharpton didn't get anything he wanted, but learned that getting people to the polls is what gets politicians to listen.

I am dreading going to the voting booth this November. In my district 99% of races in the "off" years all have a single candidate. Repub, Demo, Conservative, LIberal, Green, Family, Communist, etc are all the same person running. The fix is on as the local board of elections only allows whom they want on the ballot.

I still go and vote. When I don't like the choices, I "write in" myself as my vote. I believe this sends a clearer message of my dissatisfaction. I let them know that I am not too lazy or don't care enough to vote. I let them know that I am involved in the process, exercise my rights and have a vote that can and will go to a qualified candidate who will represent my views.

Not voting can easily be seen as not caring and apathy. The last two presidential elections were largely decided by who was able to get the better voter turnout. From 1972 on, voter turnout for a _presidential_ election has been less than 60%. That means more than 40% of eligible voters stay home. (Even worse in the off years).

That's more than enough to make a very real difference in the outcome of any election.

Edited by jrm

IMO, not voting is a bad idea. It sends a clear message that you don't care and they can do whatever they want. Like it of not, politicians are beholden to the VOTERS. If you don't vote, you don't count. Some would take this further and say that if you don't participate in process then you have no right to complain about about it.

Years ago I heard a great story about Ed Koch (former NY mayor). An up and coming Al Sharpton came to his office. Al asked for this and that and claimed to represent some large number of minorities in the city.

Koch turned to an aide and asked him to get something. The aide comes back with a book which Koch looks over. Koch turns to Sharpton and say "you may represent XXX amount of people, but you only represent YYY amount of voters." I forget the actual numbers, but the "voter" number was a small fraction of the actual eligible voters. 

Sharpton didn't get anything he wanted, but learned that getting people to the polls is what gets politicians to listen.

I am dreading going to the voting booth this November. In my district 99% of races in the "off" years all have a single candidate. Repub, Demo, Conservative, LIberal, Green, Family, Communist, etc are all the same person running. The fix is on as the local board of elections only allows whom they want on the ballot.

I still go and vote. When I don't like the choices, I "write in" myself as my vote. I believe this sends a clearer message of my dissatisfaction. I let them know that I am not too lazy or don't care enough to vote. I let them know that I am involved in the process, exercise my rights and have a vote that can and will go to a qualified candidate who will represent my views.

Not voting can easily be seen as not caring and apathy. The last two presidential elections were largely decided by who was able to get the better voter turnout. From 1972 on, voter turnout for a _presidential_ election has been less than 60%. That means more than 40% of eligible voters stay home. (Even worse in the off years).

That's more than enough to make a very real difference in the outcome of any election.

By doing your patriotic duty and voting, all you have done in recent years is to prolong the nonsense.  That's pretty much it.  So yes, I "DON'T CARE" to vote to have this crap continue.