Backyard Bucks - Long Island

Fishhead631

its not a giant by any means, obviously a stud differs from person to person. my point is that deer appears to have some good genetics, ahead of the game so to speak for such a young deer.

that 2 year old in the first pic wouldnt be a stud in my world but thats a nice deer as well, thats a solid 2 year old

Certainly a nice "eating" deer but a stud? Nope...............................................

I Agee Lawdwaz, that second pic is young but does have potential in a few years.. Ok, future Stud. ;)

You think that first pic is ~1.5 years old? He has a nice defined white ring around his nose. I figured ~4 years old.

I have more pics from the last few nights. I'll post ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I Agee Lawdwaz, that second pic is young but does have potential in a few years.. Ok, future Stud. ;)

You think that first pic is ~1.5 years old? He has a nice defined white ring around his nose. I figured ~4 years old.

I have more pics from the last few nights. I'll post ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

The white ring around the nose is just the buck's markings, has nothing to do with age. Look at how long his legs appear to be, kinda spindly looking. Then the jacked up looking rear. Classic 2 1/2 year old. If he makes it another year he will be a great buck, another 2 or 3 years and he looks to have the potential to be a hell of a buck.

Those are Long Island deer. We shot two does last year which you would of thought were a yearling and a 1.5 year old. We were wrong when they were aged,

the small one 1.5 years old and the bigger one 7.5 years old. Not saying those bucks are much older but it can throw you on LI.