Last weekend.....

First-light

My neighbor shot an 8pt 1.5 year old on Friday. He butchered it Saturday and brought over a hunk of backstraps for my brother and I. 

It's just one of the best tasting piece of meat! Pan fried cut thin, garlic, onions and black olives. Freezer is empty, Team Legend needs to score in the up-coming weekends!

Love this thing we call hunting!!!

• Like 4

If you need a hand Burt all you have to do is supply me with fresh Broad heads and I will be happy to shoot some for you. B)

Two weeks from today and I'll let you know. Fresh broad heads are in short supply at my camp, they get dull after slamming into the ground!lol

• Like 1

Freezer is empty, Team Legend needs to score in the up-coming weekends!

I have a hunch that the only way Team Legend will fill their freezer this year is if they pick up a few road kills.   

Why did you guys name yourselves "Team Legend"?  Surely not because you are legendary hunters?? LOL

• Like 1

I have a hunch that the only way Team Legend will fill their freezer this year is if they pick up a few road kills.   

Why did you guys name yourselves "Team Legend"?  Surely not because you are legendary hunters?? LOL

It is because of the "legend" about the one time Burt hit a deer.

• Like 1

My neighbor shot an 8pt 1.5 year old on Friday. He butchered it Saturday and brought over a hunk of backstraps for my brother and I. 

It's just one of the best tasting piece of meat! Pan fried cut thin, garlic, onions and black olives. Freezer is empty, Team Legend needs to score in the up-coming weekends!

Love this thing we call hunting!!!

Good luck hunting it  seems like when plan or need to do something like get a deer for the freezer it puts ajinx on it. I like to fry backstraps thinly sliced with lots of onions , salt , pepper, paprika , and later add cream of mushroom soup to use as a gravy over mashed potatoes.  Good luck again.