Here's a fight starter

Suilleabhain

and that is why I got sucked into this thread, because a bunch of guys are in panic mode because of a potential 3pt rule. It isn't going to change a thing except perhaps make your hunting better.

Stop the panic. If you are in a panic because you don't want to be mandated say it but don't say it is going to ruin your hunts and then bash guys who go for a slightly older buck.

The sky is not falling.

So if guys don't agree they should just say ok?

Would you give a backhanded remark like that with your compliment?

I will never understand why a seasoned hunter will be fine shooting a spike but then decide other new hunters shouldn't be allowed the same choice. I know you are for hunters choice.

Giving you congrats is simply giving you respect for a harvest, I do respect that... it doesn't change my view on an experienced hunter who takes 1.5 year olds.   What is so difficult to understand.

Might as we'll be the way people are arguing about this. I am pro choice it makes me made when we just keep getting more and more rules or laws to follow. So a guy wants to shoot the first buck he sees good for him. Also all the antler restriction fans what about the new guy who just started hunting this year and sees a spike stroll by and oooooo sucks for u can't take that. Not fair to him. More laws and regs make me something something. O wait they make me go mad cause pretty soon ur gonna have to ask the deer to hold still while u measure his antler size, waist, chest and legs and calculate if it's a shooter. Btw I am gonna invent a device to do all that calculating for u so don't try and rip off my invention

Edited by pryz366
  • Like 1

Might as we'll be the way people are arguing about this. I am pro choice it makes me made when we just keep getting more and more rules or laws to follow. So a guy wants to shoot the first buck he sees good for him. Also all the antler restriction fans what about the new guy who just started hunting this year and sees a spike stroll by and oooooo sucks for u can't take that. Not fair to him. More laws and regs make me something something. O wait they make me go mad cause pretty soon ur gonna have to ask the deer to hold still while u measure his antler size, waist, chest and legs and calculate if it's a shooter. Btw I am gonna invent a device to do all that calculating for u so don't try and rip off my invention

As long as he is not starting to huntin the two years following the regulation he probably wouldn't notice a difference. Honestly it means more to the hunters that have had that choice. If you grew up with it you wouldn't think twice about it.

Now if it was to pass that would be my one true beef with it. Elderly folks and the young person not being able to take that  buck. My first deer was a spike. I got it opening morning in a spot my brother told me to sit when I was 16. One of my finest memories. It was a good confidence booster. But other than that I think most people will be able to tell if it has 3 on one side quickly enough.

Ur right we grew up with it but the laws keep happening and if they gave me a good reason I am fine with it but when I read from them social issue well that's what makes me upset. Like I stated before when buying ur license specify if u opt for ar's or not and if u opt for them u have to follow the rule if not u can shoot a spike. Let's see how many opt to pass that spike. That's putting money where there mouth is. Just my opinion on how to please everyone

O wait they make me go mad cause pretty soon ur gonna have to ask the deer to hold still while u measure his antler size, waist, chest and legs and calculate if it's a shooter. Btw I am gonna invent a device to do all that calculating for u so don't try and rip off my invention

Not good enough! You will have to ask the deer to open it's mouth and say "ahh"' so you can look at the wear on his teeth for a more accurate age reading. LOL

Ur right we grew up with it but the laws keep happening and if they gave me a good reason I am fine with it but when I read from them social issue well that's what makes me upset. Like I stated before when buying ur license specify if u opt for ar's or not and if u opt for them u have to follow the rule if not u can shoot a spike. Let's see how many opt to pass that spike. That's putting money where there mouth is. Just my opinion on how to please everyone

Government has gotten WAAYYYYYYYY out of hand you are correct on that. My buddy falls into the category where he wants to shoot bigger deer but he may not see them so if he does see a small buck he shoots it out of fear that if he passes it up the next guy will shoot it. If people get locked into the scenario that you stated we will have more of the same. The law would benefit those that don't pass up deer out of fear.

I'll throw a little monkey wrench into this never ending issue. A few have skirted on the issue, alluding to the government controlling more and more in our lives. How is it that the ones that want the antler restrictions for all hunters feel it is any different than Cuomo passing the so called safe act? I mean come on, the safe act is only going to make the state a safer and better place for "everyone".

No, the issues are not the same, but it is still a few trying to control the majority. That is my issue with antler restrictions. Like others on here, I have evolved over the years and now hold out for older bucks. I didn't need any rules imposed on me. It was just what I chose to do.

I hate to tell a lot of you, but the majority of hunters just want to kill a deer or two. No matter how much you hear or read about antler restrictions, trophy hunting, food plots,etc., it still comes down to hunters just wanting to get out and kill a buck and a doe. Some up their personal goals, some don't. No matter what, a ton of deer get shot, and if the hunters are happy with what they shot, I am glad for them. We are supposed to be out and having fun, and I will never support something that will take the fun out of hunting for others.

• Like 3