Damn thieves

Deerthug

I feel your pain. I got to my tree stand this morning only to not find my tree stand! Talked to the property owner and he says he had 2 chainsaws and a Haro Mountain bike stolen also. I am the only one allowed to hunt this property. It is posted very well. Just sucks that this is the world we live in. Brand new 15' ladder stand. I got to use it once!

• 4 weeks later...

Update: no luck on finding out who stole my Bushnell Trophy cam. I loved that camera so much so I decided to order a new one today from Amazon and a camo lock box to protect it for a total of $128 shipped free.

post-1257-0-16611700-1385651453.jpg

post-1257-0-06245400-1385651487.jpg

l am working on building a wireless streaming cam using a Foscam IP camera, cellular usb router and 3g/4g wireless card, power inverter and 6 volt battery all enclosed in a metal lockbox and all for under $250 and only $25 month through ATT that will be emailing me videos and pictures without having to disturb the area. This will be my winter project.

• Like 1

I bought a steel lock box that lags into the tree and a cable came with it. So the camera is bolted inside the box, the box is lagged into a tree and locked with a steel cable and lock as belts and suspenders. I'll bet dollars to douts the whole Kit & Kaboodle gets taken next year. And now I've also cable locked my stands

Update: no luck on finding out who stole my Bushnell Trophy cam. I loved that camera so much so I decided to order a new one today from Amazon and a camo lock box to protect it for a total of $128 shipped free.

image.jpg

image.jpg

l am working on building a wireless streaming cam using a Foscam IP camera, cellular usb router and 3g/4g wireless card, power inverter and 6 volt battery all enclosed in a metal lockbox and all for under $250 and only $25 month through ATT that will be emailing me videos and pictures without having to disturb the area. This will be my winter project.

I've been tinkering with the idea of doing something like this for the past couple years. The only problem I have is that I'm cheap and don't want to pay per month for the wireless card. I've been looking to build a long range WiFi antenna from an old satellite dish attached to a WiFi repeater. PM me if you want and maybe we can bounce some ideas off each other

Sorry to hear about both your guys stuff being stolen. Rest assured that these pieces of dirt always get what they have coming. The world works in mysterious ways.

Years ago when I was still a kid our house was robbed while we were out having Easter dinner. And when I say robbed I mean f*^%ing robbed they took everything. Long story short we knew who did it but because of a few disagreements my father had had with local pd they wouldn't do anything. Well 6 months went by and one night on local news wouldn't you know these same assholes got caught mid burglary by the wrong guy and he beat one of them to death. And I didn't feel the least bit bad for the dickheads either

Edited by dchunt
  • Like 1

T'was the morning before Sunday and I'm in my bathroom shaving, when I hear a loud noise, it was someone a knocking. I run down the stairs swinging open the door and what to my wandering eyes should appear but a big ole box from Amazon "oh dear"! I rush down to my office with this big box in hand and I search for the scissors to cut the adhesive band. As I open the box a smile forms from ear to ear as I see my new Bushnell and its new steel home suddenly appear. "You damn thieves better watch out now!" I shout out in glee, there's no way in hell you're taking this one off my tree! Lol! Sorry I couldn't resist the Christmas theme.....

Sent with Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy 4

post-1257-13858255464381_thumb.jpg

post-1257-13858255602661_thumb.jpg

post-1257-1385825573652_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I don't understand the thought process. No one every touched another person's stuff. Lately I hear people taking guy's surf bags right off the beach while the guy is casting too. It wouldn't surprise me to have someone bring a chainsaw or bolt cutters to take my stand or camera

that did happen to someone on here, cut the tree to get camera