Hunting Knives? What do you use....

TheHunter

two years ago I bought a Wyoming Knife from Cabela's and also a String Saw for bone..

The both items cost me about 30 bucks i think...

I was amazed at how sharp the knife was and stayed even after 2 deer.. and the bone saw was amazing..

no more hacking at it with a ax and worrying about bone shards or pointy edges.. i sawed through a pelvic bone in  7 seconds flat.. its awesome.. ..

I had a Kershaw knife .. it lasted 2 days

Lost in the woods....

paid alot for it..

i swore ide never spend more than $50 on a knife again....

if i lose this.. i will resort to orange plastic box cutters ..

those things are sharp as hell

I use a Schrade guthook. Its been through alot of deer, small limbs, stuck in the ground, had mice chew at the rubber handle, been sharpened a bunch of times and just plain works. Maybe one of these days Ill get a new knife, but only if something were to happen to this one.

A jillion years ago, I bought a nasty old kabar knife at the National Hunting and Fishing Days event over at the Avon region 8 headquarters. It was only $5, and I was quite sure that it would turn out to be a piece of junk. The price was right so I took a chance. I have owned a pile of knives over my life, most of which were expensive name brand knives. None hold an edge like this one ....... none! I use that thing for everything including chopping off limbs and field dressing deer. I had to make one modification to it. It had both sides of the blade sharpened back for about 2". After cutting my finger with that one sharpened edge that I was not used to seeing on any of my knives, I ground that sucker down to a standard 1-edge shape.

Doc