2013 CMA's

PREDATE

Congrats to Mr. Kenny Rogers for his entry into the Country Music Hall Of Fame and to George Strait for getting the entertainer of the year award.

I thought Kenny's duet tonight with the gorgeous Jennifer Nettles was pretty damn good. Islands In The Stream has always been one of my favorite duets and Jennifer did it justice!

Ya gotta hand it to the old timers for carving out the best genre of music. The new stuff can be pretty good, but I'd prefer to listen to the good ol' boys any day!

Edited by PREDATE

Always liked trad. Country, years ago the newer stuff was pretty good,the last ten years or so they lost me.

Some alt.country is good though. But the top 40 corporate country, well that's not country just bad rock and roll.

Not that any music is very good these days, but I honestly don't know how anyone could listen to current day country music.  It's atrocious.  It all sounds the same, with absolutely NO originality.  At least years ago country music had some great, memorable tunes that really stood out.  These days you can't tell the difference from one melody to the other.  Pathetic!

• Like 1